Nice racks! Spares that is! (PRON)

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I took those two racks I trimmed yesterday and...well, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, Enjoy!

SparesontheEgg200001.jpg

SparesontheEgg200002.jpg

SparesontheEgg200003.jpg

SparesontheEgg200004.jpg

SparesontheEgg200005.jpg

SparesontheEgg200007.jpg

SparesontheEgg200009.jpg

SparesontheEgg200011.jpg

SparesontheEgg200012.jpg

SparesontheEgg200014.jpg

SparesontheEgg200015.jpg

looks great....glad you put them to more use !

What rub and sauce did you use? And what did you put in the foil?

Thanks

Beautiful looking ribs and I bet the taste was outta this world. What was that liquid that you poured on the tin foil before foiling.....a secret? Really great looking ribs, makes me want to run to the sotre tomorrow and get some racks.

I used Cimarron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub this time, and it was an excellent choice. The sauce (which I used in the foil) is my own recipe. I rarely keep my recipes secret, but this one was two years in the making, and I think I finally nailed it, so..........but I will say that you can substitute Blues Hog Original for very similar results. :thumb:

In looking at these pics my wife was peeking over my shoulders and made the comment "how come yours don't look that good"......those looked phenominal!!

That glaze/ sauce looks awesome. If you can with out jeopardizing the sauce recipe, what makes any sauce more clear/transparent/opaque? Does that just mean it has a slightly higher vinegar content?

Thanks. Im doing baby backs this friday cuz i am the suck at spares. I kill them to easily. i need something more forgiving. Kettles are hard to control temps sometimes and try to get 6 hours out of a kettle is tough.

Those look awesome though.

Less tomato (or ketchup) and more honey, apple juice and cider vinegar will give you a more transparent glaze. Try to balance the sweetness and acidity. Add spices and other flavors to your own personal taste. Good luck!

Less tomato (or ketchup) and more honey, apple juice and cider vinegar will give you a more transparent glaze. Try to balance the sweetness and acidity. Add spices and other flavors to your own personal taste. Good luck!

thast my issue. i have this awesome sauce i created and it tastes awesome. great ballance between seet, spicy and acid content. BUT i used brown sugar as my sweetner and honey. So the sauce is not as clear as yours. I need to use more natural sweetners such as juice and honey rather than plain sugar.

My fav style though is kansas city style bbq sauce. But i do like the clear look of some sauces and or glazes.

thanks

You know i just joined the other day and i have gained like 8 cyber lbs just lookin around on here.

excellent, great job indeed. now hungry for ribs.... does McD's serve mcribs in the morning.... NOT!!!

MR. BOB :

You don't happen to go to the races in LOUDON, do you ? Man, if you do, I'll bring the cold brew, and split the cost of a few racks, if you do that kinda cooking, brother !

Seriously great lookin ribs, my man ! Now I'm hungry, da**it !
Guess I'll settle for beer tonight !

man you trimmed them up awesome

i need to learn me how to do that

Back