First Full Packer Brisket.....

Feels like that time i cooked one in my Red Box. If they say it can't be done... prove them wrong!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What's that thing weigh in at? Looks like a decent size for your little DC.

Under 8# pre trim.

On at 0700. Foil wrapped the armadillo popper holder to get off the grate’s known hotspot. Folded the flat under to fit a quarter sheet pan and placed on top of the armadillo. It’s all going to be chopped together so trophy shot flat slices are not required.

Ahead of the Sunrise, hot black coffee, mix of hickory-mesquite and cherry wood. I think. New bag new brand Ill check.
Sunday Brisket

Last edited:
I've done a bunch that size in my DC. Slightly different panning method, but pretty much how you've got it. I would worry a little bit about drippings running over how you've got it panned. There looks to be a lot of point for a packer that small. Normally, when I get them that small they are almost all flat.

Pellets are a mix of hickory-maple-apple

Although it’s my several hundredth brisket, it’s my first in the DC. First time Ive filled the hopper to the top. First time to fold a brisket. Although I’ve cooked several smaller packers this is probably the first under 8# before trimming.

So lots of firsts. Another first. Did y’all see the advertisement for the new Budweiser Amber aged I think in bourbon barrels? I’m not a bud fan, but this sounded interesting.
“I gots to know”

Several hundreds. Did the math that’s a fish story. If I do one per month the last 10 years that would be 120. Now some months I did 2 some months I do one or possibly none when the brisket drought hit. Let’s go with hundred, not several :))

So you still have to fold the brisket even at 8 pounds?

Had to? No. Chose to? Yes.

I wanted it up off the hotspot right above burn pot.

This is 2:25 at 225*. Bumped to 275 just now. Will look again at 1100. If bark looks right, will wrap.

Last edited:
4:20 minutes. About to wrap in butcher paper. No filter used on this shot.

Last edited:
Wrapped. Dropped temp to 225, changed pans. Will check again in about two hours. Got my 3.5 urban hike in. Out of beer. PPP

Last edited:
I think I can smell it from here. lol
Lookin' good Adams!

Steak veggies and beer for lunch. Bride requested I cook some of those pre package blackened salmon for salmon patty,s

Hey I got beer. Let’s cook

Last edited:
... So lots of firsts. Another first. Did y’all see the advertisement for the new Budweiser Amber aged I think in bourbon barrels? I’m not a bud fan, but this sounded interesting.
“I gots to know”

Tried a couple last night after an ugly day. Normally after a day that difficult, even a watered down tasting 'lite' beer would be good. Honestly, I won't buy any more of them. The flavor was not particularly good or bad to me, just average middle of the road if you will. Great marketing though!

A fresh Bud that isn't heat pasteurized (thanks Oklahoma for protecting me from beer that doesn't taste like an old 2x4 from Home Depot) has a nice rice sweetness that I find really nice on a hot day working outside.

I really like a nice lager, Pilsner or, dark beer. Jim Beam/Budweiser sort of missed the mark in my book. I might try a shot of Jim Beam in one of those when the urge to crack another hits and see if that's really what I had in mind when I bought these.

Back