Chile Concentrate Pron

BobBrisket

Reaction score
I needed to do something with all the dry chile pods from last season. I had some Chiuacle red, green, and some Red Fresno pods. The process is simple, remove stems and seeds and toss into boiling water. From there they go into the blender and then I strain using the food mill. This is the smooth, warm, silky, puree that comes out of this. I freeze that way because they take up less space and all I gotta do is tear the bag off and the block of concentrate is ready to use. I don't add any salt, etc to the puree. I leave it natural so that I can add the spices later. Most of that green puree will be used for tamales come December. The RED, I love red over green...........just do! I'll use that for some Chile Colorado once the winter gets here. Will go great with some slices of bread, a cold beer and the football season as it winds down!
WP_20130928_002_zps59f40c38.jpg

WP_20130928_003_zps85d28c5c.jpg

Newspaper is your friend! Those of you that know why I used it will agree!:-D
WP_20130928_004_zps187a7925.jpg

The Freso WOW! Was WOW! Have never made a concentrate from it. HOT and very smooth!
WP_20130929_001_zpsa2aa9e9b.jpg

Getting there!
WP_20130929_002_zps47560205.jpg

Gonna do a litte something with some red chile, chicken legs and linguine. Mexican Spaghetti! :mrgreen:

That is seriously good!! oh man....I see that and all I have in my head are tamales and enchiladas....drool....

I could do that if I had a freezer that empty. Try as I do.. it never seems to empty. The pepper bases look grand. You have a nice way to extend the garden season for your peppers.

I could do that if I had a freezer that empty. Try as I do.. it never seems to empty. The pepper bases look grand. You have a nice way to extend the garden season for your peppers.

i know what you mean . NEVER EMPTY

Back