High Plains Kettle Fried Chicken (with a side trip to Nashville) - w/ Pr0n

Ok, what happened? I expected an end of story here. This is like a freaking cliffhanger for a season finale. Do I need to wait 6 months for the solution?

Definitely following. Definitely a Ludo fan, but need to research this Mind of a Chef show.

Admin Note:
Haven't read comments above... just clicked to post.

Sorry for the wait. - I've had a rough 24 hours, as some bug decided to attack me just before I could pull the bird off the grill. CINCHOUSE was kind enough to put me to bed, eat dinner, and ask for 2nd the next night! I was out for about 12 hours!

Pulled out some Nashville Hot and Regular Fried for the family - Quick trip through the oven at 350 to reheat.

Ai7y8YFh.jpg

Took the Nashville Hot through a second dredge through the Spiced Oil:

GZr4FU1h.jpg

Those green beans and potato salad were EXCELLENT. They really helped to put out the fire.

Breading - A bit heavy, especially for reheating. I think we'll ditch the corn meal next time.

Flavor - Oh. My. Gawd! There was flavor from allllllll over. Breading, Sauce, Chicken (itself).... Just awesome.

Admin Note:
I think this was just a 24 hour bug, as I'm back on my feet again and enjoying dinner that we should've had together last night.

Way to build up the suspense. Looks good to me. I love hot chicken. If you want a thin crust that is delicious, I highly recommend crushed pork rinds.

Way to build up the suspense. Looks good to me. I love hot chicken. If you want a thin crust that is delicious, I highly recommend crushed pork rinds.

Been meaning to do KFC for a while now, and I have a couple bags of pork rinds hmmm.

Food looks great as always, sorry to hear about the bug. Did you pressure cook the green beans or just use saute mode?

Bird looks great Marc, happy to hear you are back on your feet.

This... I need to give this a try, and the traditional recipe worked really nicely when we did it in the big-arsed skillet... but not so much on the kettle.

Appreciate it Josh. We MUST do this again (it's been decreed), but the breading is what I'd like to tweak next.

Did you pressure cook the green beans or just use saute mode?

Yes. CINCHOUSE said she used 5 min of the pressure mode, after cooking the bacon and such in the IP before sealing it all up.

CINCHOUSE speaks: "used sautée mode to crisp bacon.**remove bacon, throw in beans and all other seasonings and broth.**quick release, then stir back in bacon."

Back