Royal Oak briquettes on sale $3.99

Professor Salt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My local CVS is blowing out their charcoal inventory. 18 pound bag of Royal Oak BRIQUETTES (not lump) for $3.99 instead of regular price of $7.99.

Checkout lady wasn't sure how long this sale is good for. I bought 6 bags, might go back for more at that price if there's any after Labor Day.

Attachments

• IMG00002.jpg
    IMG00002.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Thanks for the post, I will check here locally, see if the sale is in my town as well.. Thanks!! Great Price!

Well, I don't want to hijack, but thought theres no use in having 40 "Royal Oak on sale threads." If you have a menards in your area, they are running the same sale right now. Stopped in yesterday and they had a few pallets at this price.

Well, I don't want to hijack, but thought theres no use in having 40 "Royal Oak on sale threads." If you have a menards in your area, they are running the same sale right now. Stopped in yesterday and they had a few pallets at this price.

Thanks for that!! :biggrin:

If you have a Gordons Food Marketplace in your area they now carry a private label of Red Oak lump I forget the size of the bag but it is huge and is usually a great deal. I believe I have paid around $9 for a bag about 4 x the size of a grocery store size bag

I just picked up the last 4 bags Menards in Batavia, IL had. Could use another 15-20.

No Menards out here. I called a CVS in PA and they only had Matchlight and regular Kingsford.

It's not as clean-smelling as Rancher but not as petroleum / creosote smelling as Kinsford, IMO. I still like Rancher better, but as big commercial brands of briquettes go, RO is pretty good.

Mitch might be right about putting off more ash than Royal Oak lump, but it's not that objectionable to me.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be checking CVS on the way home tonight.

It's not as clean-smelling as Rancher but not as petroleum / creosote smelling as Kinsford, IMO. I still like Rancher better, but as big commercial brands of briquettes go, RO is pretty good.

Mitch might be right about putting off more ash than Royal Oak lump, but it's not that objectionable to me.

As far as using briquettes, I'll have to go for the RO untill some one sends more Rancher to this area. :biggrin:

Anybody know who makes Sam's Charcoal (Wal-Mart's brand)?

CVS in my area didn't have any. Only K and Matchlight.

Do they list the fillers and if there are petroleum products on the bag.

CVS in my area didn't have any. Only K and Matchlight.

I know it's not just an Orange County thing. I've seen Royal Oak at the CVS in Mar Vista, on Centinela & Washington. Might have to call around the Long Beach stores to find one.

royal oak does. saw a pallet with manufacturer, shipping label one day at a wal mart.

Anybody know who makes Sam's Charcoal (Wal-Mart's brand)?[/quote]

Back