BBQ Brethren "Tenderloin" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Tenderloin!"[/size]
Jeff_in_KC.jpg

Jeff in KC's winning Tenderloin entry from the 2009 "Anything Goes" Throwdown

...as chosen by Moose, the winner of the In a Shell Throwdown!

Here is how Moose envisions this Throwdown...
Moose said:
Tenderloin:
[FONT=&quot]
This can be any kind of tenderloin – beef, bison, pork, lamb, venison, etc. You must cook a whole or partial tenderloin, and you must include at least one pic of the whole or partial tenderloin while cooking.[/FONT]

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/7 through Sunday 10/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 10/16.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 10/17 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 10/22. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Cook Like a Bigabyte Throwdown until Sunday night 10/9 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Pizza Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Can we start right now? I just took two pork tenderloins off the grill. :becky:

Very interesting. I just so happened to come back from Wyoming with some nice mule deer back-straps and tenderloin. Are there any bonus points or multipliers for self-harvested entries?

So our submitted pic has to be of the whole tenderloin or just one pic of it to show the cooking process?

What? More special rules? What's with it with these stupid special rules? Didn't the last TD get the special rules out of your system? Since only one pic is used for the voting that means the voting pic must be a grill shot.

Just a grill shot? What about a pic of the meat? How you gonna decide on a pic of a grill? Cleanliness? Or it's opposite? With or without burning fuel underneath? I'm confused. :confused::doh:

What? More special rules? What's with it with these stupid special rules? Didn't the last TD get the special rules out of your system? Since only one pic is used for the voting that means the voting pic must be a grill shot.

I should have been more specific: In your cook thread, one shot of the whole or partial tenderloin. You can use ANY pic you like for your TD entry photo.

That help?

I should have been more specific: In your cook thread, one shot of the whole or partial tenderloin. You can use ANY pic you like for your TD entry photo.

That help?

I liked you better when you were as obscure as Redhot...

So Guerry, have you decided how you're gonna' light the grill for Redhot this time? :becky:

CD

Just a grill shot? What about a pic of the meat? How you gonna decide on a pic of a grill? Cleanliness? Or it's opposite? With or without burning fuel underneath? I'm confused. :confused::doh:

:laugh:

That help?

I guess the question is "why?"

Never mind.

Will this make everyone happier?

Tenderloin:
[FONT=&quot]
This can be any kind of tenderloin – beef, bison, pork, lamb, venison, etc.[/FONT]

I think I'm the only pain in the butt here. I'm just not a fan of special rules that potentially get people DQ'ed (if someone's going to be DQ'ed, I want it to be me! :becky:). In that "other" contest that was run here I saw a few people submit some nice entries that were DQ'ed because they didn't read the rules and didn't submit a shot of raw meat (of all things) or a grilled shot. I really felt sad for them -- of course, if a "regular" is DQ'ed that's another thing. If it's included in the actual TD title, I'm ok, but the less rules, then the less confusion. Of course some of the other members, like Bigabyte, are WAAAAAY to the left of me when it comes to rules.

I think I'm the only pain in the butt here. I'm just not a fan of special rules that potentially get people DQ'ed (if someone's going to be DQ'ed, I want it to be me! :becky:). In that "other" contest that was run here I saw a few people submit some nice entries that were DQ'ed because they didn't read the rules and didn't submit a shot of raw meat (of all things) or a grilled shot. I really felt sad for them -- of course, if a "regular" is DQ'ed that's another thing. If it's included in the actual TD title, I'm ok, but the less rules, then the less confusion. Of course some of the other members, like Bigabyte, are WAAAAAY to the left of me when it comes to rules.

Understood. Let's keep it simple then...I'll check in with Chris and see if he can edit the announcement.

Understood. Let's keep it simple then...I'll check in with Chris and see if he can edit the announcement.

Don't you dare. My on the grill shot is a crucial element to my evil scheme!

Back