Hot & Fast Brisket - Kosmo's Cow Cover-style!

So would somebody like to explain to a newbie why you'd take 13 hours to cook a brisket if it could be cooked in 5??? I mean other than the extra 8 hours of beer drinking.

Exactly! Some folks are superstitious. :-D

John

Thank you for the information. Brisket is one of my favorite meats and I am detemined to learn how to do it well. I'll give your method a shot, hopefully next weekend. I will likely sub apple juice for beer, my wife can't even stand beer batter. Thanks again for the help.

You can try a cherry coke or cheerwine. Both work well on a brisket.

I was kind of just hoping to get the advise for FREE, and not pay $17 for smoker plans I already built. I know it's a webber 23" kettle ring/lid mod just don't know how to do it

FREE: Cut the top 2 1/2" off a Weber kettle, bolt it inside the top lip of the
drum with stainless hardware (also used to hold the grate). Fill the gap (if
any) with 400* food-grade silicone (DAP 684). Done!

2498848942_80cd41622e.jpg

Pretty easy, no?

John

P.S. It's only free if you're the guy on the receiving end. :shocked: :wink:

Nvm, I just looked at a webber kettle, they don't have a ring to hold the grate, so the hardware is necessary. Any sources to find :becky:kettles cheaper than $99?

I called weber today, told them that my lid flew off during transport and got one coming. They are $52+$7 s&h. Probably alot cheaper this route of a bs excuse than buying the whole kettle or just the lid used for like $75-100. Just FYI.

I called weber today, told them that my lid flew off during transport and got one coming. They are $52+$7 s&h. Probably alot cheaper this route of a bs excuse than buying the whole kettle or just the lid used for like $75-100. Just FYI.

Sorry, but it's a lie, not an excuse.

John

Tomato/Tomato anyways the product is for sale, they took my money, I'm a happy camper :mrgreen:

I just scored a gently used ots off cl for $30. I love cl

Sent via Criffvo

sorry patiodaddio didn't mean to thread jack. Your h.n.f. Brisket looks amazing. Good to know you can make one that turns out just as good in half the time.:thumb:

Back