South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piedmont

Got tired of the flames and trolls on Alt.Food.Barbecue so I finally de-lurked here!

I have owned New Braunsfel offset, ECB, Pellet Cooker, Weber Kettle, and a vertical/offset. Will never own a gas cooker!

I make homemade lump charcoal on occasion, need to get off my butt and make some more!

Homemade cookers include, a converted 2 door commercial freezer, 55 gallon drum, modified kettle made into a WSM clone, cement blocks on the ground.

My website is at: http://web.infoave.net/~amwil/Index.htm

I compiled articles and recipes all about brining, going way back on A.F.B. and made a cookbook available for free on my website, under downloads.

Lived in N. Indiana and Chicago area, relocated to North-Central South Carolina back in 2003 with my darling wife Jean. We met on Match.com back in 2001.

I've cooked one whole hawg that weighed in about 165 pounds. Cooked it in my Freezer Q cooker, and do marinated brisket, brined turkey, smoked meat loaf, pork butts, chicken wings, smoked fish, smoked potatoes, roast corn on the cob, spare ribs, rib tips.

I make homemade sausage, polish, hot italian, breakfast, chorizo. Some links, some bulk.

I've been to Owensboro, KY for the International BBQ three times and have eaten at the Shady Rest and the Moonlite there. Have eaten at The Lexington in Lexington NC (Didn't like their pork!) also Frankies in South Bend, IN and Lem's in Chicago. In the future I hope to eat at Thelma's in Houston, hopefully within the year.

Welcome Brother Piedmont.

These guys will treat ya good, long as you dont talk bout mayo:twisted:

Welcome Brother Piedmont,
It’s good to see S.C. getting on the map more.
Some years ago, I attempted a cook on a converted chest type freezer.
I damn near had a disaster of “Biblical Proportions”. Kinda like cooking with an “Egg”, with no experience & no common sense.:oops: I’ve learned a lot, here, since those days.:wink:

Welcome Brother Piedmont. Good to have you posting on the board. Look forward to your posts. Enjoy the ride.

Moonlite

NorthernQ said:
I've wanted to try the Moonlight, how is it? Great to see another sausage maker here.

Enjoy the ride

I enjoyed it, they serve buffet style, all you can eat! They have mutton, beef, pork, fried catfish, burgoo, and all the sides you can think of!

Welcome aboard Piedmont, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here. How did you like Frankies in South Bend? Been by it several times but never when I had time to stop and to give it a try.

Piedmont decloaking off the port bow! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the best BBQ forum on the Web, bro. I look forward to reading some of that "old stuff" of yours!!
Arlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back