Yet Another in a Long Series of Examples of the Coolness of the Brethren...

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
My new to me PBC! :whoo:

As The SoCal Bash was getting put together, I got a PM from Mike Twangzer who said he couldn't make the Bash, but he was clearing out some room for his new Assasin (now that's a thing of beauty!). He asked if I wanted his PBC - obviously I said hell yes!

Last weekend I went out to Mike's very beautiful home to snag the PBC. We hung out a little bit - and - no surprise here - he's a very cool dude, as Brethren tend to be. Even threw in a couple bottles of "Yes Dear" BBQ sauce! :thumb:

Anyway - Mike - thanks so much for the PBC - it will get lots of use. Great meating you and I hope to see you again soon! It's stuff like this - meating cool new folks - that keeps me coming back to this site.

...Pix ain't all that - but just wanted to give some visual aid...

PBC

picture.php

Hit a chix with a little dusting of SM Season All & BPS Money rub - normally I'd do it several hours before the cook & let it sit on a rack in the fridge, but didn't really have time for that.

picture.php

Doesn't look too exciting, but it's actually dang good! I think I'll crack the lid a little sooner to raise temps and get the skin a little better - I'm used to cooking chix at like 350+. I think that plus longer time airing out in fridge will get it where it needs to be. Minor stuff though - overall I'm very happy with my first PBC chix! :clap2:

picture.php

Since I converted my UDS into a burn barrel for large rotissirie cooks, I've been needing something like this in my arsenal. I'll be doing ribs in it next & really looking forward to it.

Many thanks, Mike - very much appreciated! :clap2:

Congrats and hanging halves is a great way to cook bird, I've been tempted to halve a turkey and see how it turns out.

Congrats on the PBC, Greg! Whatever happened to that custom Santa Maria one of the Brethren was building for you?

Man, he must really like you to give you that Yes,Dear Sauce! :p

Mike spoke very highly of it - looking forward to checking it out!

Congrats on the PBC, Greg! Whatever happened to that custom Santa Maria one of the Brethren was building for you?

I think life happened! It's all good - I'll be getting a Santa Maria one way or the other at some point fo sho!...say...:idea:...if anyone out there happens to have a SM grill cluttering up their yard...:becky:

Greg you are most welcome ... and that you wasted no time in firing it up. Enjoy the sauce. I thought that since it was difficult at the time the Yes Dear thread was going to snag a Red and Competition sauce it would be nice just to thank you for taking that dang PBC off my hands ... :laugh:

Very cool, Greg! I notice that it's occupying the space where the Kamado that you gave Tonybel used to sit.

The Brethren Smoker Relocation Program is a wonderful thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Very cool, Greg! I notice that it's occupying the space where the Kamado that you gave Tonybel used to sit.

The Brethren Smoker Relocation Program is a wonderful thing.

Yes! And actually that Kamado came to me from Silverfinger. It needs some work done on it & Tony said he would actually get it fixed and use it (I'd probably have it on the list of things to do in perpetuity...). I am glad that kamado is gonna get put to good use in style at Tonybel's!

Back