-> BBQ Brethren "Breakfast" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Breakfast"

This was Gore's winning entry in the 2010 Breakfast Throwdown!

As chosen by Oldyote for his winning burger in the "National Burger Month" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Oldyote said:
I think the next TD should be BREAKFAST!

That's it? Where's the special rules? :confused:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/31 through Sunday 6/9.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 6/10.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Last edited:
2010 since the last one. Has it really been that long ago? I suspect the Aussie contingent will make a strong showing in this one.

Now. How does one go about smoking grits?

I could try another fish sammie, but that would probably get a vote. :mad:

Maybe if I leave the bones in this time! :idea:

Pretty sure the winner is going to be made with SPAM...

If Cowgirl is making her gravy biscuits I will bow out now

I'm predicting gravy on fried eggs will take this one. :thumb:

2010 since the last one. Has it really been that long ago? I suspect the Aussie contingent will make a strong showing in this one.

Now. How does one go about smoking grits?

No, we had one last year. I never saw the farking chicken fried sausage coming.

CD

Deep Fried Scrapple Mania!

Aye have fond memories from days gone by celebrating the 4th of July at my friends farm in Upper Track West Virginia. They were a very large family of 15 kids and their Mom & Dad bought an old poor farm that was listed on the National Registry of Historic Houses. There were something like 24 Bedrooms and in the basement was a Shower akin to the NFL locker room showers. This was a real great place to spent the Holidays with about 75 family friends.
Everyone pooled their money for supplies and we ate (and drank) like we were kings. Early in the morning the women would start rustling up breakfast while everyone was fast asleep. This was when Aye was first introduced to the wonders of Scrapple! Aye have always loved it ever since. When Breakfast was picked as a Throwdown I knew what I needed to make. Enjoy, because Aye sure did!

Please accept this as my official entry into the Breakfast Throwdown!

Gathered all the ingredients for a homemade scrapple,

The recipe Aye followed can be found here.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cooking/msg07101500746.html

Got up this morning and pulled the Scrapple from the fridge and sliced up a few pieces for breakfast.

Then the light came on and Aye had an idea,:wink: Deep Fried in Panko, yeah that's the ticket. Punched out a couple hockey pucks

Back to pantry for some more secret ingredients

Fired up the gasser and cooked up some good ole Jimmy Deans Hot Sausage.

Worked up some gravy

Fired up the Wok

Ready with the scrapple

Fire!

Throw on some chicken embryos

Fried and landed on some fresh made biscuits

Topped with the Sausage gravy and the Chicken embryo's and a side of Melons, Blueberry's and Yogurt and a Mint leaf, Aye was out of Parsley!

The Bite shot!

The cute dog crutch

Please use this as my official polling shot, Thanks for lookin and Aye'l keep on cookin'

Here's my second-ever throwdown submission:

Here we have "Grilled Shrimp and Grits served in a fried Mozzarella Cup with Black Forest Bacon, Homemade Sourdough, and Two Sunny-side eggs with hickory-smoked sea salt".
picture.php

Back