Pizza's on a stick burning offset

4TheLoveofBrisket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Question to the pizza chefs out there: Do you think the results would be good doing a pizza on a stick burning offset if I took the temp up to say 400 or a little higher? I am just concerned it'll be too smokey using all wood. :?: I plan on using a pizza stone too.

I agree. But crank it up so the metal turns red and the temp is 500* at least.

used to do it all the time, (Pre-egg).... get it to 500 if u can. use a stone, heat the stone up in the kitchen oven, or in your firebox. At temps that high you should be running clean smoke, so you wont get a smokey taste.

used to do it all the time, (Pre-egg).... get it to 500 if u can. use a stone, heat the stone up in the kitchen oven, or in your firebox. At temps that high you should be running clean smoke, so you wont get a smokey taste.
Ahhh the good ole days......

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah, I figured if I got the temp up high enough the smoke would decrease. And I won't forget the pics. :biggrin: I've got some tomatoes from the garden that I had to use up or lose em, so I skinned 'em, boiled them down to a nice thick sauce earlier this week, and am going to use that as my base for my pizza sauce.

I've done it in an offset before with great results. The last time we made pizza, I used a charcoal grill. Put coals under the cooking area in a single layer as far from the grates as possible and then set up a wood fire on the opposite end. With the lid closed, I was getting temps around 600. Came out excellent and took very little time (we make very thin crusts).

Craig

Back