Idear Idear office catering.....

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
I was contacted by a friend of someone I catered for last year. They wanted me to cater for a office with 15 employees. The only office that I have catered for is my own. I work here so it is easy for me to bring it into work. I never really wanted to do this but this one I just might. So I Googled office catering and whoolly Chit there are alot of this type of catering going on..... Just an idear for anyone that does catering. Also I think it would be a great networking tool for bigger events. Have a great Pig Day....

Hmmmmmm.....

How'd you get in to catering for your office? The office I work at has ham, chicken & pork brought in a couple times a year for office "parties". I know good and well I can provide better stuff than what they get. It's not BAD meat, it's just lacking the real flavor that my stuff has.

Did you just end up asking to do it? Did it kind of "just happen" over time?
Just curious.

Thanks for the idea Marty!:thumb:

A few Christmas parties then was asked to take over kerfee fund in our office galley. That when I came up with a once a month Food day. We have a commercial cafe that is way over priced and the quality su*ks. The first Tuesday of the month is always the day so that way everybodys knows. I dont make much but the kerfee funds supports these events. Like Buck O bowl Chili, Chili Cheese dog day, Buck O burger, $1.25 Pulled pork sammiches. Biscuit Gravy day 2 biscuits and gravy for a dollar. See a trend....The catering office job was not at our company so I am kicking around the idea of a vacation day if it is worth the $$ and networking for bigger things. That Or I will punt this to another STL Brother.

worth the money? for 15 ppl? short term, prolly not. i do a lot of biz from something that started off small and just kinda grew. we were doing some employee lunches for a chiropractor near the house. one day he had us deliver lunch to a law office. now we do all of those sort of things for him and we also cover that law office and a medical group that "cater" other offices from time to time. its not huge $$ but add it up and its nice. most are pork or brisket plate for avg of 14 ppl. so thats $120 to $160 a pop.. and for the law office we charge a delivery fee. they got cash out the you know where. i now give the chiropractor "perfered pricing" for his events. he also used me for xmas presents last year, bought 8 briskets for friends. was such a hit that he said everyones getting one next year. did i mention that this guy is a vegan? but only eats our brisket. thats one heckofa compliment in my book.. like i said just for the one off deal, prolly not worth it, if it pans out longterm.. NICE!!

Another way is how I got started in catering is my duck hunting buddy is a rep for a drug company and they do Dr office lunch's. I have 3 hospitals with in 20 miles and all the Doc's that support them. I average 3 lunches a week and they don't mind paying good money as its a write off.

I would do it. Look at it as a way, it's a way to get your name out there and like you said network. People will be impressed and before you know it you will be cooking for the people on weekends etc. You might not make alot of money this time but think of the future business.

Back