Labor Day Cooking Poll

Probably a brisket, but I haven't gone to the store to see what they have yet. I still need to clean out the smoker from Sunday.

• brisket
    butt
    ribs (beef or pork?)
    fowl
    other (burgers, dogs, etc.)

"Yes". Although I will be cooking it Saturday to enjoy all weekend.

Hopefully fowl. Going out to shoot some trap to better prepare for slaying the bird of peace.

Will be camping, so no smoking this weekend. but a steady diet of beer, and grilled food done by evrybody else. I do not cook when we camp other than maybe some hotdogs for lunch or the "keep an eye on this while I go to the restroom mod"

This will be a chicken wing type weekend. Gonna do about 40# for the gang. Since it is an extended weekend, I was thinking about something else either Sun or Mon. It's between spares and brisket. I haven't done either in a while.

Re: RE: Labor Day Cooking Poll

Jorge said:
Hopefully fowl. Going out to shoot some trap to better prepare for slaying the bird of peace.

Good luck. Around here, all the dove watch the calendar pretty closely. On August 31st, sometime around 9 p.m., they all migrate to my backyard where I can't shoot at 'em.

I think I'll go get me a slingshot. Hell, I could just sit by the pool and pick 'em off. Send the lab after 'em so I don't have to set my beer down.

RE: Re: RE: Labor Day Cooking Poll

Not planning to cook this weekend. If the weather co-operates we will be going on a 4 day moto-sicle ride with some friends.

labor day smoke

I'm gonna load up my bandera with some babybacks, a beef rib, some jack daniels brined breast, and a pork butt., and maybe a fattie or try to make some of those turds I hear everyone talking about.

Ribs at the restaurant. Probably 32 slabs. And 2 cases of butts.

I vote for some combination of the above. I'm smoke drying peppers for sure every day. I do 4 racks at a time plus something with animal protein on the bottom (5th) shelf. Probably pork of some kind as I've been smoking chicken for the last 3 weeks straight. Let's see what's on sale.

Fishing Catalina Island Friday - no Q. Brisket for the USC game Saturday at my bar brother's house. Babyback feast Sunday for the neighbors. Fish Tacos monday.

Our sale adds come out tomorrow will check them out and shop accordingly.

I just did a huge cook for a friend of mine last weekend....I'm taking this weekend off....at best, it will be burgers and a steak or two.

No plans for Saturday, rib cookoff on Sunday, so loin backs, and jimmy Buffett concert on Monday!

I'm doing a brisket, a couple racks of pork spares, a butt, a few yardbirds plus about 50 dove that I will kill over the weekend starting tomorrow.

Back