Baking with a Pellet Smoker

chrpai

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So it's 99f out with a heat index of f*** Texas and I didn't want to run the oven in my house. I fired my smoker up to 425f and put on an HEB meal that calls for 14-17minutes and put it on for 20 minutes. When I checked it the pork was barely cooked.

I've taken the meat out of the tray and put it on some aluminum foil for another 10 minutes and I'm about to check it.

Is there some trick or cautions when trying to use my smoker as a replacement for my conventional oven? I thought convection ovens were supposed to be faster.

we have baked in ours, should be about the same as oven.

Was that cook time in the instructions from frozen or thawed?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It takes almost 30 minutes to bake a hot pocket. Its hard to believe a meal would be done in 20.

We’ve had no problems baking here!

Interesting.

For those not familiar with HEB, these ready to cook meals are refrigerated and come in a disposable foil tray. The instructions are typically 350-400 for 15-20 minutes depending on what the dish is.

I took the pork out and put it on some foil close to the heat source and cooked it for another 10 minutes (30 total ) and it came out OK. I guess I'll just try this a few more times to see what my results are like.

Back