Food Saver

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Seems their are two diffrent or main types of units, the food saver and the Tila, I was wondering which unit you all recommend and feel is the better buy. I'm looking to purchase one in the next day or so and thought I would ask your advice, Sams club seems to have a good deal on the Food Saver right now as well as few deals out there on the net for the Tila as well. Just wondering which one is the best one for the money. Thanks in advance

Bossman
chuckmarting@bossmanbbq.com

I believe the Food Saver is made by Tilia.

I purchased the one that Sams currently carries and have been very pleased with it ($120 +/-). I also bought the $40 box of extra rolls. I have used ot to seal lots of steaks, ribs, etc.

I have a friend that has the "top of the line" model that cost almost $300. It appearantly has two vacuum motors so you can suck faster and harder.

Go ahead and get the FoodSaver by Tilia... I'm on
my second unit after the first stopped sealing properly after 10 years... Good product that I could not live without... Great for vac packing bbq for later use!!!!

James.

best price is getting a 20% off coupon for bed bath and beyond. In fact this is pretty much the way to get any small appliance. Ask around, someone is sure to have one or get on their mailing list ASAP

I got the Foodsaver at Sam's and it's worked great so far.

Dakaty said:
I have a friend that has the "top of the line" model that cost almost $300. It appearantly has two vacuum motors so you can suck faster and harder.

Must...remember.... we're not in woodpile!

Those "pro" models will created a better seal also. My FoodSaver from Kohl's works just fine. I sometimes burn an extra seal about 1/2 inch from the first one.

I will recomend against a Deni brand. Cheap farker I got at Walgreen's for $29.99. Not too good. Goes to show you get what you pay for.

The one at Sams comes with two small vacuum canisters and 2 rolls of sealing bag material. I found it to be a better buy than the Bed Bath Beyond unit even with their 20% coupon. That was several months ago so things may have changed.

Half the fun of getting this stuff is shopping for it. That also holds true for women. Ooops, sorry, we're not in woodpile.

Over the winter I bought 2 food savers on Ebay, I paid less then $50 for both with shipping.

I got mine at Sam's and am very satisfied with it.

I love mine
i still got the same one i bought like 5-6 years ago..hasnt failed me yet
im hoping it will break so i can buy another one as the newer ones got a lot of cool features now

Always wanted one of these. Esp for jerky. Never got much first hand info. This thread helps alot. Will get the more expensive model.

This is what I have:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_5/602-9210298-7620643?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00080LC9U

I like it because it uses a rechargable battery. I've sealed over 10 quart sized bags that are about 1/2 full on one charge. I got it because I was thinking about doing some BBQ contests and figured it would be easier to seal up the leftovers at the contest then to wait till I got home. This is the only sealer I've seen that runs on batteries. It's also got a decent suck on it. It takes about 45 seconds to a minute to complete the vac and seal process.

Man Im tempted to buy another one on Ebay. Ive got a FoodSaver 850 (I think). It's great. The only thing I dont like is when you just want to seal. The unit has to got thru the whole cycle of operation of vacuum, then seal. I wish it had a seal-only button. Im sure the new ones have this feature.

Mine is 5 years old and working fine. We just had some friends out last wknd and I pulled out some steaks that I vac packed 1 year ago last April. Awesome.

Back