Porcupine balls

Fire and Ice

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Big Daddy
Mom used to make them and stretch a pound of ground meat. Just seasoned ground beef and raw rice. I smoked them first then dropped them in brown gravy till rice was cooked and served with white beans, roasted Brussels sprouts and garlic bread.

unnamed (42).jpg

a buddy of mine use to bring these to work and the were so good , do you mind sharing the recipe ?

I often ate these as a kid myself, its been a long time. Your spread looks great!

I like to roast the balls on the Weber and finish in a tomato sauce made with my fire roasted tomatoes.

I love the brown gravy direction.
Maybe some mushrooms in the gravy.

a buddy of mine use to bring these to work and the were so good , do you mind sharing the recipe ?

For every pound of ground beef, I used 3/4 cup of long grain rice. You could use your favorite meatball recipe and add the rice.

cook in the oven or grill to set the meatballs about 160.

Then I dropped them in a brown gravy which had onions and peppers i had sauteed first. Any store bought gravy or homemade would work fine.

I baked them in the oven at 325 for about an hour.

enjoy :thumb:

I like to roast the balls on the Weber and finish in a tomato sauce made with my fire roasted tomatoes.

I love the brown gravy direction.
Maybe some mushrooms in the gravy.

I love mushrooms but the girl friend doesn't so leave them out.

If I make plan balls she likes them in brown gravy, when I make cabbage rolls she likes them in the tomato gravy.

don't ask me why?:shock:

Have a great Friday everyone!

Back