THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I don't normally cross promote until I get at least one vote in a Throwdown, I thought for sure I wouldn't have to post this in Q-talk with all the other fine entries over in the "From the Heart TD", but Pappy went and voted for me :crazy: (he must be delirious from all the pron he's been posting lately) so here it goes.

You can go here to vote. I can assure you there are actually some worthy dishes over there that deserve a vote or 10 more than this one.

Without further ado, a long winded version of some Pig Shots for your viewing pleasure. :grin:

My wife's uncle was hosting a party on Saturday to celebrate his 5 year wedding anniversary and the whole family was going to be there. I decided I wanted to do something for everyone that was from the heart, so I figured I would give them all a bunch of heart attacks. :grin:

Just to show a little more love, along with the ingredients, the flowers in this shot were a gift to my wife for our 7th wedding anniversary last week.

IMG_3090.jpg

1/2" rounds of kielbasa wrapped in half a strip of bacon. I ended up with 113 of these back breaking beauties. You know there's love involved when the clock says 2am when your finished.

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

I whipped up a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, and Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy.

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

Made myself a ghetto pastry bag and filled up the shots.

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

Then I topped each one off with a mixture of dark brown sugar and Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple.

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

The pig shot army on the egg.

IMG_3080.jpg

They came out looking good, and met rave reviews at the party. These are another thing you just can't make enough of.

IMG_3114.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:peace:

I usually run the egg about 275* and cook them until the bacon is a little crispy, about an hour to an hour and a half. I did these with Humphries Lump and a couple cherry chunks. These I actually bumped up to around 325* because I was in a hurry. Just pull them when the bacon is the way you like it. Cooking them is the easy part, it's putting them together that a PITA. :grin:

They can definitely be a nightmare on the back to prep, but soooo worth the effort. Those look amazing, and now I will be craving 'em all day.

Back