Franklin BBQ OMG!!!

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My wife and I are in Austin, TX for my company's annual meeting, so guess where I had lunch? You guessed it... Franklin BBQ! We got there at 8:00 AM and were 10th in line! The 3-hour wait was so worth it! We met some really cool people and the conversation made the time pass quickly. I had beef ribs, brisket, and sausage. Let me be clear... IT WAS ALL WORTH THE WAIT!!! Best of all, Aron Franklin was there and I got a picture!

That is awesome. That line looks like no joke. people brought their camping chairs!!!!

I would personally treat it like a tailgate if i could. have a cooler with some beer and some tunes lol. Maybe some cornhole also.

That's awesome. It's defiantly a stop I'd like to make someday too. And as many forum members that know good BBQ have been there and say how good it is, that says a lot.

Sounds like a great time, and you got to meet Aaron, cool!

People not only brought their chairs, there was a guy out their renting chairs for $5 a pop!

I've went down to the Austin area so many times and never went there. I WILL be making a trip. Awesome!

I'm headed to Austin in another couple of months. Hopefully the line will be shorter then. :roll:

That looks absolutely fabulous. Thanks for posting!

Great pix - thanks for posting! My sister lives in Austin but is moving away in the next couple months. I need to go visit her - and Franklin's - ASAP!

My mouth is watering.........

I was there in July and the line was already around the the corner of the block and 2 to 3 people deep.

Congratulations!!!! great picture.

Congrats!!! Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Capital City of Texas and BBQ.... BTW - there are more places IMHO as good as Franklins around here.

Wow, that all looks so good. Now I want brisket

Thanks for all comments. I just woke up from a BBQ-induced, coma-like nap! Lol!

And that is a line of Texan BBQ eaters waiting in line.... within a hundred miles of Lockhart waiting in line. So basically... Austin got BOTH Prince visiting the City AND Thunter

Back