Kerlin BBQ - Austin

Rockinar

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Kerlin BBQ

It's two streets down from LaBarbecue and shares a lot with a busy hipster taco joint called Veracruz. There's only like 5 parking spots for the two places to share, so basically no parking at all, don't bother trying. Like LaBarbecue you have to drive around in streets behind it and find street parking and walk. Got there 10:50 and was 2nd in line, so no line. Got the usual Texas Trinity. Everything was really good. Brisket was great, ribs had small bones but had tons of meat on them. Were a tad tough. Im guessing they don't wrap and thats why. If they were a bit more tender they probably would be in my top 3 favorite ribs. Sausage was OK, it's Texas Hot Link. Wanted to try the Jap/cheese but it seems you can only get that in kolache form. If you want just a sausage link you have to get a hot link. Potato salad was good, but not my style. It was basically chicken salad, but potato instead of chicken. Good, just not my preference. Would highly recommend Kerlin. There was only about 10 people there and no hour long line of hipsters. If you just want some good BBQ and no line, give it a try.

IMG-1096.jpg

IMG-1097.jpg

IMG-1100.jpg

IMG-1099.jpg

Back