A Nice Smoking Weekend Was Overdue And It All Started Last Night--Semi Live Cook

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Been a while since I've done this so roll along with me but be patient :biggrin1:

Brisket and ribs on the menu today so I started trimming this Creekstone prime last night

E4vPcdNh.jpg

The point was rather big on this one and I cut off the bulge in shaping the brisket into this

4yGYAc3h.jpg

So.. I had a nice piece of point and two bone short ribs leftover from the night before that I had used for something

gx29oHgh.jpg

Short ribs on left and brisket point on right

e3DDovUh.jpg

Through the grinder

e1u3mNch.jpg

See where I was going with this? :becky:

7Nl3Lwuh.jpg

Short rib and brisket burgers :clap2::clap2:

BXsY3fjh.jpg

:hungry:

kc2vacIh.jpg

Toasted tater rolls

xJcWFvth.jpg

Made a quick spread

cuPQlm6h.jpg

Colby Jack, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato and pickles

CLLQSklh.jpg

mgv8NmZh.jpg

Oh man!! Insanely good beef combo

0GdYaPHh.jpg

Fast forward this AM and brisket is on the 26

hRDy2TXh.jpg

Oh and since it's nice a cool today

q4sgAgsh.jpg

May as well take advantage and cold smoke some fish on the side :heh:

eyG5hzah.jpg

So stay tuned...:becky:

You've already got a great weekend started, Sako.

Keep it rolling, brother! (Sure wish we had a nice, cool, cloudy day over here...)

What an awesome plan, following along. I was thinking about a short rib/rib eye burger the other day but haven't got to it just yet....

Lookin' good, Neighbor! Great way to spend the weekend. :grin:

From brisket to burgers, to cold smoked fish all in one post. Well done sir. :clap2:

Definitely going to be a great weekend Sako. Years ago Costco Online used to sell Pat LaFrieda beef shortrib/brisket burgers for an insanely low price and to your point they were insanely good. Anxious to see what the rest of weekend produces from your end.

next thing ya know is that you'll be stuck up at the cabin because it snowed ..... spectacular cook ... is the brisket/short rib better than the flap steak /short rib combo ? (I think that was it )

Welp,

A curveball. Niece and nephew flew in and they are hungry. Juggled this burger cook for them :heh:

sg9ZRlhh.jpg

ACmLnK9h.jpg

Wrapped the brisket after

ApgbQIph.jpg

Jiggly and golden :thumb:

AXjn23Ah.jpg

Put the wrapped briskie on the gasser until probe tender and threw the spare ribs on the 26. Dang!! Even in their raw form the pass the bend test :shocked:

iEVQbQgh.jpg

I slept thru this, No Beetroot on the burger?

Back