THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
I don't own a business, so Restaurant Depot is not very accessible for me. For brethren who shop there regularly, could you check on something for me, please?

I am looking for Lazzari tandoor grade charcoal. I believe it is made out of mesquite. Supposedly these are large pieces of lump, sorted for use in tandoors (traditional Indian/Central Asian clay oven).

If you could let me know if you see it, and for what price, I would greatly appreciate it.

I used to use RO, but the pieces are small. B & B was better, but Academy did not carry that brand this year, so I could not stock up. I have written to Lazzari also.

I'm not sure if mesquite charcoal will affect the taste of the meats I usually grill in the tandoor, but I guess I'll just have to try it and find out.

Thanks in advance!

I have not seen this at RD either. However, I have seen mesquite lump at Sam's. Some of those chunks were the size of a small football but it was just a mix of sizes like a regular bag of lump.

Same thing out here on the Right Coast. RO and Kingsford. Even though you do not have a business you can still wander into and around the stores. Probably can get a day pass too by asking at the front desk.

Same thing out here on the Right Coast. RO and Kingsford. Even though you do not have a business you can still wander into and around the stores. Probably can get a day pass too by asking at the front desk.

I tried... they said they didn't do daypasses anymore. Maybe I'll call back and speak with the manager.

Give Lazzari a call and ask if they have any retailers near you.
415-467-2970 or 800-242-7265

Heard back from them (very prompt) - no tandoor charcoal in TX, but they sell their regular mesquite in RD. I'll try to get in and take a peek.

No Lazzari out here either. Kingsford, RO, Best of the West lump and crap briquettes.
That's odd... Lazarri is in CA. Go figure.

I buy this stuff at my local restaurant supply house - Cash n Carry. But I'm in Washington state. Open to the public. I pay $13.47/40 lb bag. It's dirt cheap, and smokes well. I think Costco sells it also.

You can use your KCBS membership card to get an RD pass. You will also need to print this... http://kcbs.us/discount_program.php#restaurantdepot

Ken

Ihrer's Fires

Fark!!:doh: I forgot about that... I can go check for myself! Thanks.

I buy this stuff at my local restaurant supply house - Cash n Carry. But I'm in Washington state. Open to the public. I pay $13.47/40 lb bag. It's dirt cheap, and smokes well. I think Costco sells it also.

Is that for Lazzari tandoor charcoal or Lazarri regular mesquite? Either way, that is an awesome price. I don't think I have seen any Lazarri at my local Costco.

Back