RussellB

Found some matches.
Reaction score
This topic/question is 3 fold.

Alright, so I love jalapeño cheese grits (I use polenta) and I am wondering how you guys who are serving them are holding them to where they don’t solidify. Bain marie? I’ve talked with the owner of Cattleack and he mentioned they vacuum seal and hold in their warming ovens and pull as needed. Just curious what you guys are doing.

Also, same question applies for holding your Mac and cheese so it doesn’t turn to crap on you. Are you holding sauce and noodles separate and mixing batches together as you go or mixing all together and holding during service?

Lastly, I’ve noticed on videos Franklins bbq holds their turkey breast in some sort of juice during service. Anyone know what they’re holding it in once they slice after pulling from the warmer?

Sorry for the lengthy questions. I have aspirations of serving my bbq someday and wondering about a lot
of these details.

Make extra sauce for the Mac and cheese to anticipate it during holding. Turkey is held but not long. It is usually cooked the morning of and held in the foil or juices from the foil wrap.

I worked with a guy for a bbq competition who has a BBQ Trailer and was open for almost 13 years. He had some sort of (I couldn't get the actual recipe) juice he dipped his meat in before serving. Might work for turkey too?

Back