BBQ Android App Just Released

iPad crew waiting here too.

We have the iphone/ipod in progress which you could use on ipad as needed. But... We have grand visions :mrgreen: for ipad and want to build something specific for it to really leverage the resolution and area. I have an ipad myself and would love to use it so selfishly motivated. So iphone/ipod first, iPad coming later though.

OK, finally got a chance to use it tonight when I was grilling some Salmon. In general, worked pretty well.

I did find a bug, however. It is under the Cook Notes. I had added a bunch of notes on the cook, such as the fact that I was cooking on the raised grid, the lump was a little damp and slow to start, etc. I saved the notes, and all was well. But, when I changed the pit temp value, it erased all of the notes I had saved. They seem to be lost forever.

I was able to replicate the error by starting a new test cook, entering some notes, then saving. Again, when I typed in a pit temp, all of the notes disappeared.

Other then that, I like how it worked. It should be very handy to log all of my cooks.

Just D/L'd. Looks pretty good to me... I'm very tempted now to get a Guru too.

Cheers!

Bill

Is it wrong for me to be this excited where I want to get rid of my blackberry and find an iPhone ? :)

Is it just me and my old eyes, or are the white on orange buttons hard to see? I know I am going blind so it may just be me.

I can not wait to try it out though. I am going to try to install it on my daughters Kindle as well.

OK, finally got a chance to use it tonight when I was grilling some Salmon. In general, worked pretty well.

I did find a bug, however. It is under the Cook Notes. I had added a bunch of notes on the cook, such as the fact that I was cooking on the raised grid, the lump was a little damp and slow to start, etc. I saved the notes, and all was well. But, when I changed the pit temp value, it erased all of the notes I had saved. They seem to be lost forever.

I was able to replicate the error by starting a new test cook, entering some notes, then saving. Again, when I typed in a pit temp, all of the notes disappeared.

Other then that, I like how it worked. It should be very handy to log all of my cooks.

sorry about that. thanks for letting us know. we will look into asap and target a fix for next release.

so im pretty sure im just an idiot and dont know how to work this.. but i cant seem to get the meats to come up where it shows the name of my pit and the current temp. I added them in the setup.. i even set up a probes 1 2 and 3... nothing is coming up?

I did what you did, and notes was gone. I usually cook different temps during a cook and didn't see a way to plug that in.

Killer App!!!:bow: I will venture to say I would easily purchase this app, even without a guru,,

sorry about that. thanks for letting us know. we will look into asap and target a fix for next release.

No need to be sorry. You put in a lot of effort to write an awesome app. Nobody expects the first version to be perfect. I'm happy to help out.

I have a question about the BBQ guru probes. I have a maverick thermometer set already, do I need to add probes to the guru if I buy one?
Thanks

Back