Morgan Ranch Brisket

Eggspert

Full Fledged Farker
I know there has been a lot of brisket threads, but has anyone tried Morgan Ranch Briskets? They are out of Nebraska. Let me know if you have tried them and what your opinions are. Please let's keep all the Straub stuff off this post. Thanks in advance!

Eggspert BBQ

Same here. I looked in to them a bit last year but I kinda forgot about them. I'd also appreciate if you would share your findings like Don requested.

Eggspert sent you a message

Sent message as well

Guys, this question was asked in public, and should be answered in public. Unless you are providing proprietary information, please answer in the thread.

If you are providing proprietary information that can't be shared, send it via PM, but don't announce it in public. No one would ever know :cool: If you announce that you have sent a private message, every know and would like the same information.

I've never used them. I contacted them about 1-1/2 months ago, to find out pricing. The pricing for the Wagyu Brisket is $5.00/lb, but to ship it to the Chicago area was $50/brisket. You figure a15 lb brisket with shipping would be $125. Hard to justify that for me so I kept searching. Although better than SRF at $6.60/lb and a $71 shipping, it's still more appealing. Talking to them on the phone was very pleasant. They answered any and every question I had. If not for the price, I would have given them a shot. See if they are willing to ship more than one in a cooler at a time and find some others near you to give them a shot to split the cost. Using FedEx or UPS, it may go from $50/ea to $75/3 making it $25 each. Can't hurt to have him check right?

Guys, this question was asked in public, and should be answered in public. Unless you are providing proprietary information, please answer in the thread.

Probably afraid after reading the Strube thread. :becky:

Since SRF is now selling out on a regular basis, I think it's a great opportunity for other producers to get some visibility within the BBQ world. I know I would like to hear more about other options.

Sorry guys, my message pretty much stated when you call on the phone they are great people. I had no issue with the meat itself, but I found inconsistancy in size when ordering multiple pieces of meat. For example want 3 15lb briskets and end up getting 1 18lb and 2 12lb, still approx 45 lbs of meat but not exactly what I was looking for.

Price was $5 per lb, and shipping did cost me $50 also, but that was up to 50lbs, so you could get multiple pieces in one order.

Well . . . I just ordered 3 briskets. I wanted around #15 briskets, but he only had #13ers. I also found that they were awesome answering questions I had, now we will see what the product is like. They claimed they were 30 days aged, so I think they should be good to go when I get them. That will be nice to not have to wet age, which is what I typically do with Creekstone Briskets. I will let you know after I cook a couple what my thoughts are. I think their prices are good, better then anywhere else I could find. I also think the Midwest raises the best livestock in the world. I would rather eat meat from the Midwest then Idaho or Texas. Just the opinion of a born and raised Midwesterner.

Eggspert BBQ

I know this thread is about Morgran Ranch. but people were asking about other options. this is who we go with and have had great results. they use to only deal with a couple local butchers and resturants but have opened up their briskets online for order.http://www.brandtbeef.com/specialty-items/brisket-prime-14lbs-competition/ give them a call if you have questions, they're great people there

Please let's keep all the Straub stuff off this post. Thanks in advance!

I hope you were referring to Strube Ranch. There is no reason to omit Straub beer from the thread. Some of their beers go quite well with brisket.

Sorry to offend anyone. I am getting my morgan ranch briskets from paradise meats in trimble missouri. I drove down and picked out my own. There 4.75 a lb great people to work with. I cooked one saturday it was amazing.

I know this thread is about Morgran Ranch. but people were asking about other options. this is who we go with and have had great results. they use to only deal with a couple local butchers and resturants but have opened up their briskets online for order.http://www.brandtbeef.com/specialty-items/brisket-prime-14lbs-competition/ give them a call if you have questions, they're great people there

I checked out your recommendation, but it appears they only carry Prime. Morgan Ranch carries Waygu, which is really what I am interested in. As far as Prime Briskets I have been very happy with Creekstone. I just want to start cooking the waygu, or at least practice some and see if I can get them up to competition quality before the season starts. Thanks for the recommendation, if I choose not to do the Waygu, I may look closer at the Brandt Beef.

Eggspert BBQ

I wasn't aware of Morgan Ranch until this thread, thanks! I contacted Morgan Ranch via email and plan on meeting Dan Morgan in Omaha to purchase some briskets. They must have their processing done here in town since Dan indicated that most of their meat is stored in Omaha. Wagyu briskets with no shipping charges....:-D

I got my briskets today. They were frozen, so hard for me to tell for sure what they look like, but first impression is they are smaller then what I have been been getting, 13# is all the bigger he could get. Flats are on the thin side. 2 briskets have ice points, one is very small. Fat marbling looks good, but it is waygu. The kill date, aging date, and freeze by date are all printed on the label, so you have all your information on each brisket if you age. They were packaged nicely, shipping and customer service was all top notch. I will let you know when I cook one.

Eggspert BBQ

Back