wholesale clubs and BJs

B

bbqpitstop

As a restaurant owner I'm pretty knowledgeable of products at Sam's, Restaurant Depot and BJ's.....over the years Sam's has excelled at carrying great restaurant products, price competition and freshness of food. Restaurant Depot excells at price competition and Bj's only has the advantage of being the closest to my restaurant. Other than gourmet croutons, 3 ply embossed napkins and cheap milk I hate when I'm in a jam and have to depend on BJ's for product especially produce.

Last week I saw two managers wandering around produce with clipboards talking business so I thought it was a great time to grab a bag of lemons with spongy moldy ones on the bottom, and a package of browning mushy grapes to show them. I told them that the problem isn't just today but a consistent one.

Long story short, I've gotten numerous calls and a regional manager is coming to my restaurant today to discuss my input into their product line, problems, wishes and opinions.....I'm hoping to use this opportunity to help them make some much needed changes...

I remember some of you talking about some crappy meats with updated labels pasted over old dated labels....anyone have any input they'd like me to share ?

You get BJ's at wholesales clubs??? The only BJ's around here is in Oneonta. A long way. It's sam's or nothing around here. I drive 90 minutes to get to restaurant depot. So once a month. Scott

lol, well since I'm female, I would only be able to give BJ's at wholesale clubs....I'll ask the manager if she thinks there is a market for them and if so what the going rate should be. What's your BJ's in Oneonta like ? I consider ours to be the slum of wholesale clubs.

With that title I though I was going to be getting "extra services" at Costco,..Hmmmm Kirkland BJ's.

Must need the "Excecutive Card" for that.

lol, omg I didn't even think about the title....oh well....let the jokes rage on.....anyone got any serious input here ? lol

Sorry, Same here just Sams. Good for you pointing out to the managers what the problems are. If you or somebody doesn't they continue to think everything is OK.

At the BJ's in Fredbg Va, they only have flats, never full packers. The flats go fast, are expensive, and they usually only have less than 3 in the case. I'd like to see them carry full packers. As for the produce aisle here, its very well maintained. They is a lady there working the aisle whenever Im in there. never found any bad produce here.

lol, well since I'm female, I would only be able to give BJ's at wholesale clubs....I'll ask the manager if she thinks there is a market for them and if so what the going rate should be. What's your BJ's in Oneonta like ? I consider ours to be the slum of wholesale clubs.

Thats gotta be the best come back in history.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Back