orion cooker

Saw something like that on another forum and they said it did what it said but they weren't happy with it. Not enough flavor if I remember right. Will try and find comments.

Quote from other thread in reference to "Rocket Roaster"
http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?item=H134344&cm_scid=crt
"I was involved in a thread on another forum where someone got one of those; save your money. If I remember correctly, it was over smoked, bitter food."

Last edited:
Good to know, I hate when they come out with equipment that speeds things up. The joy of bbq for me is taking the time and turning out a product that is worth the wait. I am old school all the way, that's why I will never own a gas grill, lighter fluid or a bag of kingsford:-D

I think I knew it was not for me when I got to the part where they highly reccommend using instant-light charcoal only with it.

Just remember, if you want fast, the microwave, a stockpot, or your pressure cooker all cook ribs fast.:twisted:
Or just go get a McRib sandwich.

Chit, you can steam ribs in an oven in 1.5 hours!!!! That ain't nothing.
You want steamed meat or BBQ?
Smoke On!!!!!

Lack of flavor is correct. I bought it after looking at it a few times trying to figure out what it was and I had a few left over HD Gift Cards. The Match Light is recommended because the charcoal flavor "Never touches the Food" and it is easy to light with as much as you have to use. Ed is correct, it is a steam machine. It has sat in the back of the garage since waiting for an idea on how to re-use it. I cooked ribs on the one shot I gave it. They were tender with no flavor.

Bump.
Since it has been awhile, I wondered if anybody has any new thoughts about these.

Chit, you can steam ribs in an oven in 1.5 hours!!!! That ain't nothing.
You want steamed meat or BBQ?
Smoke On!!!!!

Yeah, since you brought it back up! I retract everything I said above. I now agree with Kickass about the best way to do ribs fast. Just use your oven.

Except for the McRib sandwich. You want fast, just go get one.,:twisted:

I saw it advertised in the last bullsheet and was wondering about it.:cool:

Looked one over at Bass Pro shops just tonight... don't see a need for it in my arsenal... It is a sealed cooker... no smoke etc. I've read some good things about it, but it is just not for me.

James.

. Ed is correct, it is a steam machine. It has sat in the back of the garage since waiting for an idea on how to re-use it.

Think how many tamales you could steam in it!

Back