Want a non-MSG rub for Buckboard style bacon

P

pdxRandy

Was all talked into ordering a box of Buckboard Bacon dry rub salt stuff. Looking that the "what is in this page" I noticed they use "MSG" and I don't do will with the stuff so anyone have a mix that will get me to the same place with out the bad stuff.

Thanks.

I use TQ, granulated garlic & onion, homemeade chipotle powder, red pepper flakes, cracked black pepper and a little brown sugar. has turned out great so far on belly and buckboard bacon.

Just go easy on the TQ or soak in cold water for about 4 hours... I got a little happy with the TQ on the first butt and it while it was still good, it got a bit salty after 2 strips.

Best thing to do is just DO ONE and figure out what you want to change on the 2nd one. U can bet that even if the 1st one isn't perfect, it will be edible and prolly better than any store bought bacon! =)

Tenderquick and brown sugar is the same as the buckboard cure except the buckboard cure has an anti caking agent in it. I am not sure what that is. Do not try a cure with just pepper as mentioned above.

NUTZ

Back