Raising the Lid of my Weber Kettle

paperboy98

Knows what a fatty is.
I've always cooked on an offset stick burner, but I find myself not wanting to fire it up for smaller cooks. So I bought a Weber One Touch Gold. I think I've seen a metal band assembled to add height to the lid. Can anybody share some information on that modification? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Paperboy98

I think you are referring to the rotiserie set up, it has a ring that fits into the weber and while it does add height I don't think that is its primary purpose but whatever, it works right... Anyways they are pretty expensive though, running about 80 dollars for all the ones I've seen.

I also think you are referring to to rotisserie ring. Some guys have cut a section out of a 55 gallon drum to the same effect. Cheaper too.

Yeah, my brother has one. I thought he told me his girlfriend paid like $150 for it though. Maybe she got ripped???

Anyway it was basically a ring the diameter of the kettle with a rolled

bottom (rolled like your lid). It's about 6"-8" tall. Pretty sweet. Maybe you can order just a replacement ring for the rotisserie from Weber???

Cutting a drum would sure be cheaper, but I don't know how to make it fit snuggly over the kettle without rolling it.

230_100_1309_2.jpg

230_100_1315_2.jpg

99_IMG_5298_1.jpg

99_IMG_5262_1.jpg

99_IMG_5264_1.jpg

99_IMG_5270_1.jpg

I've always cooked on an offset stick burner, but I find myself not wanting to fire it up for smaller cooks. So I bought a Weber One Touch Gold. I think I've seen a metal band assembled to add height to the lid. Can anybody share some information on that modification? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Paperboy98

Here is one I made for my Smokey Joe Weber. Aluminum roof flashing doubled and pop riveted. Works for doing one butt. Butt would not fit without it.

Last edited:
Back