Hot n Fast Brisky Qs

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
Put my 13 lb packer on the UDS and am finding that when I'm trying to keep the temp around 350 the smoke pouring out is thick and white. I'm cooking on lump with a few K comp briquettes, with 3-4 fist sized chunks of pecan for smoke. How do you smoke at higher temps and keep the sweet blue smoke that is ideal?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.267092,-118.884516

Also interested in folks thoughts on temp. I'm holding right around 330 F with all vents wide open and may not get the pit temp to 350.

---
I am here: Google Maps

That white smoke is likely fat dripping into the costs.

Thanks guys - that makes a lot of sense, and I hadn't thought about that.

I am using a makeshift diffuser - a disposable foil tray with a bunch of holes punched in it. But some of the fat is certainly making its way down to the charcoal.

when doing brisket like this do you still following the temp guidelines of low and slow? Pull and wrap once it hits 160? Cook to 195*?

when doing brisket like this do you still following the temp guidelines of low and slow? Pull and wrap once it hits 160? Cook to 195*?

I never wrap and cook it until a probe slides in very easily, no matter what the internal temperature is. Hot and fast just takes much less time.

Yes or a little higher on the end temp
Let the steam out of er and hold fer a few hours
good eats Brother

Back