Rolling Smoke on the Shirley Fab with stuffed poblanos

InThePitBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Found some really nice poblanos at the market yesterday, got the grinder out and made a batch of breakfast sausage to stuff them with.

wfq4atUl.jpg

eFWOYT8l.jpg

Chopped up a couple sweet onions and browned it all together and added in a few pounds of cream cheese to complete the filling.

wZ9gQNxl.jpg

Stuffed and ready to go the SF is rolling nice thin blue smoke ready to cook.

rWcrud8l.jpg

Some Q~View when they went on the cooker.

qmqySLrl.jpg

Halfway there, anyone getting hungry?

SnAve8Ml.jpg

First batch is ready, come and get it!

rrgjxFil.jpg

These turned out great, got plenty left if anyone is hungry come on over!

h1DLFKXl.jpg

Those look fantastic, Bob!

You can probably twist my arm for the drive when we're in Fort Wayne to visit family.

Good lookin' SF cooker you've got, too.

I only recently got turned onto using breakfast sausage in stuffing for pepper and I gotta say Im a big fan. These looks amazing.

Those look fantastic, Bob!

You can probably twist my arm for the drive when we're in Fort Wayne to visit family.

Good lookin' SF cooker you've got, too.

That's an hour away, let me know when your in town and we'll cook for the whole family your welcome anytime!

I'm drooling. 3 or 4 would hit the spot right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm drooling. 3 or 4 would hit the spot right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I used 5 pounds of peppers, 5 large onions, 7 pounds of sausage and 4 pounds of cream cheese wrapped in 6 pounds of bacon.

So yea, 1lb + each pepper I was waving the white flag halfway through my second one.

Shirley fab

I'm a new member to Bretheren. Those stuffed poblanos look great!!! I'm on a long list of those waiting for a SF reverse. I'll let you know when I get closer to a build.

Got a recipe for the breakfast sausage?

Sure, I make the sausage for my catering business and I have a recipe you can't miss with. Use whole pork butts, don't add or subtract any fat it makes a nice lean delicious breakfast sausage you'll never buy it again after tasting it.

You can make up the seasonings for a traditional country style sage or a medium heat here's the ingredients to make the seasonings first and then amounts to add per pound of ground pork.

Don't be afraid to try the medium heat, it's the best!

Start with a course grind, add seasonings in layers mix by hand then finish with a 1/4" or 3/16" plate for the 2nd grind (I like the smaller 3/16" plate)

Country Breakfast Sausage mild or medium seasonings
Âľ cup salt
½ cup black pepper
½ cup ground sage
(Add 2 tablespoons red pepper flake for a light medium flavor)

Use one tablespoon per pound of pork with this seasoning mix. For large batch 15 pounds use 1 cup and for 20 pounds use 1 ÂĽ cup seasoning.

Look great ,can you slip some in the mail.
They would send our Sniffer dogs nuts at Customs:becky:

I'm a new member to Bretheren. Those stuffed poblanos look great!!! I'm on a long list of those waiting for a SF reverse. I'll let you know when I get closer to a build.

Welcome, this is a great group of guys (and gals) and there are a bunch of Shirley Fabrication owner's here.

When you finally lay eye's and hands on that pit it will change your life, definitely worth the wait.

Those are first rate! :eusa_clap

Thanks for the invite, wish I was closer.

I was just admiring your beef cheeks cook, those are fantastic!

I wish we could all meet in the middle man I can't get over how great the cooks and food are around here it all looks amazing!

WOW!!!!! those look killer!!!!! i could eat myself into a food coma on those...... thx for the sausage recipe ill be making it very soon!!!!!!

WOW!!!!! those look killer!!!!! i could eat myself into a food coma on those...... thx for the sausage recipe ill be making it very soon!!!!!!

You come on and I'll make them up anytime Paul, that cooker is putting out the best Q I've ever made I love to cook on it.

I stuffed about 30 pounds of Kielbasa with garlic and ran 'em when the last batch of pepper's came off, that pit punches smoke into the sausage darn near to the middle in 30 minutes it's flat out amazing!

EVVevcSl.jpg

XdKPD76l.jpg

Zhl1ziBl.jpg

You come on and I'll make them up anytime Paul, that cooker is putting out the best Q I've ever made I love to cook on it.

I stuffed about 30 pounds of Kielbasa with garlic and ran 'em when the last batch of pepper's came off, that pit punches smoke into the sausage darn near to the middle in 30 minutes it's flat out amazing!

EVVevcSl.jpg

XdKPD76l.jpg

Zhl1ziBl.jpg

Thx for the kind words.... killer cooks like you make us look good.... we try hard to build a good one tho..... that sausage is just mouth watering!!!!!

Back