Better Late thand Never Smoked Turkey pron

Abelman

Full Fledged Farker
Did a 16 lb smoked turkey for Thanksgiving plus I did a couple of Flat Irons. Had about 20 people over and I was busy trying to get everything done and ready at the same time. So, I didn't take any pictures but my FIL loved the look of the turkey and wanted to get a picture or two. He's still in the 35mm era and we just finally got the pictures a day or two ago.
I did this Mad Max style. It was brined and basted over pecan at 350. It was very good and moist so I didn't loose the day.

09Turkey2.jpg

09Turkey.jpg

Thanks guys. I have Mad Max to thank for this one. I know he comes by every so often.

It's the 3rd year I've used his recipe and it's hard to beat. At least, I haven't found anything to beat it.

Great picture Pete!! The turkey looks good too. :-D:wink:

Thanks everyone. It was good but not as good as the year before for some reason. I use the same Mad MAx recipe on all my turkey so I'm at a lose to figure out why. Always do natural birds and the same brine as well.

Everyone loved it but it may have been a case of the cook not liking his food as much as the guests :confused:.

Back