Transporting briskets to a competition

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When i have time I like to trim my briskets at home. Once I take them out of the cryo and trim them I try to stuff them into 2.5 gallon zip top bags and then into my cooler, but they don't always fit in the 2.5 gal bags. What do you guys put your briskets in after trimming?

We often use the wide bags for the food saver or wrap them in butcher paper if it's a real wide sucker.

Foodsaver here too.

Ron, if you're putting in a 2 1/2 gallon bag, try folding the brisket. Also, I know they're expensive (I use them for marinating at contests) but those Zip Lock XL bags are da bomb.

Koch Ultravac 250... but then again, I'm just showing off. :wink:

250002001.jpg

We often use the wide bags for the food saver or wrap them in butcher paper if it's a real wide sucker.

The widest roll i can use on my Foodsaver is 11" and a big packer won't fit into those (I've tried). Are you guys able to fit them into the 11" Foodsaver rolls?

We use the bigger size ziploc bags the sell.They come in different sizes that will fit your needs. We find them at Miejers near us.....I'm sure you can find them in your area as well.

Yeah, the Ziploc XL bags would work but as Jeff mentions they are expensive. I wonder if i can buy them in bulk...

Foodsaver here too.

Ron, if you're putting in a 2 1/2 gallon bag, try folding the brisket. Also, I know they're expensive (I use them for marinating at contests) but those Zip Lock XL bags are da bomb.

They don't fold easily :rolleyes:

i use the restaurant size food film from sam's or if you have a gordon's food service near you they are usually cheaper. you might be interested in them.
http://www.gfs.com/en

Doesn't the film let in water if there is any in the cooler?

Doesn't the film let in water if there is any in the cooler?

For most of the stuff I don't want to get wet in my coolers, I use smaller basins or tubs and pack ice around the outside of it.

Ron L said:
Originally Posted by tonto1117
We use the bigger size ziploc bags the sell.They come in different sizes that will fit your needs. We find them at Miejers near us.....I'm sure you can find them in your area as well.

Yeah, the Ziploc XL bags would work but as Jeff mentions they are expensive. I wonder if i can buy them in bulk...

Best price and place Iv'e found them for is at Mernards....because as everone knows you can "Save big money at Mernards"..:lol: Seriously, check the Sunday ad's for them....they have them on sale alot and we stock up.

I use cheap clear garbage sacks--making sure they are not treated inside with scents or what not. And seal it with a twist-tie

When i have time I like to trim my briskets at home. Once I take them out of the cryo and trim them I try to stuff them into 2.5 gallon zip top bags and then into my cooler, but they don't always fit in the 2.5 gal bags. What do you guys put your briskets in after trimming?

I find my trimmed briskets dont fit in the foodsaver bags. I take a roll of foodservice plastic wrap and wrap the brisket heavily and then use duct tape so it doesn't come unraveled. Works well and cheaper than using the foodsaver bags.

I haven't had a problem fitting them into the food saver bags... If they are to wide, I do a minor fold on the meat to get them in and then flatten them out...

Back