***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Local Yokels" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Local Yokels" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Local Yokels"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 7/15.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]LT72884[/size]
2121615_LT72884.jpg

[size=+2]twinsfan[/size]
2121964_twinsfan.jpg

[size=+2]Al Czervik[/size]
2122487_Al_Czervik.jpg

[size=+2]Outnumbered[/size]
2123492_Outnumbered.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
2126665_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]BigBlock[/size]
2126748_BigBlock.jpg

[size=+2]campdude[/size]
2127197_campdude.jpg

[size=+2]KnucklHed BBQ[/size]
2127198_KnucklHed_BBQ.jpg

[size=+2]Kathys Smokin[/size]
2127545_Kathys_Smokin.jpg

Yeah, Mongo's is good. However, I am a little put off by him showing off his nice green grass while us in the midwest have dead grass due to the heat and the lack of rain. While it is all really bigabyte's fault, I feel Mongo may be rubbing my nose in it. I will have to think about these entries for a while.

I love all of the entries, we stepped up to the local yokel plate in a big and delicious way! I have to choose my favourite between Campdude and KnucklHed. Back to the threads for a third look........

Dang.......

Vote for Campdude!

Thank you everyone for making this vote so difficult. :thumb:

Wow!!! Who would have thought Yokels would look so tasty, every entry is amazing. I've narrowed it down to Twinsfan and Mongo, I mean really, TF the ribs and chili look so tasty and your money shot is amazing, Al that Salmon looks perfect no wonder there is a mug full of Moose Drool.

Yeah, Mongo's is good. However, I am a little put off by him showing off his nice green grass while us in the midwest have dead grass due to the heat and the lack of rain. While it is all really bigabyte's fault, I feel Mongo may be rubbing my nose in it. I will have to think about these entries for a while.

Colonel... What you see in the background is one of those "green screens" like you sometimes see on the news when the techs goof up and don't project the real image. The real image looks more like scorched earth and dog turds to go along with my crooked fence (in dire need of a fresh coat of stain) that you can see... :tsk: :becky:

You can't get any more local than your backyard. It was not easy to choose, but I went with bluetang.

CD

I've got to stop looking at the entries, the top of my pressboard desk is going to warp from drool. Don't ya think they should let us vote for three each time -- but that might still not be enough...... :tsk:

Colonel... What you see in the background is one of those "green screens" like you sometimes see on the news when the techs goof up and don't project the real image. The real image looks more like scorched earth and dog turds to go along with my crooked fence (in dire need of a fresh coat of stain) that you can see... :tsk: :becky:

Uhhhh, somethings wrong with your Moose Drool too my friend... Tell us what's really in the mug... I've been drinking that local-to-me beer long enough to know what it isn't. :becky:

Edit: if its PBR you've got my vote! :thumb: :mrgreen:

Fark, I just realized I could've marinated the deer ticks in homemade stout. Now why didn't I think of that last week? :doh:

Al, I keep looking at that salad. I don't see poison ivy there, but want to be sure.

Uhhhh, somethings wrong with your Moose Drool too my friend... Tell us what's really in the mug... I've been drinking that local-to-me beer long enough to know what it isn't. :becky:

Edit: if its PBR you've got my vote! :thumb: :mrgreen:

For the record, I never said that was Moose Drool beer in that mug... :p

If you must know, it's an ice cold mug of this special reserve collectors brew:

Billy.GIF

:mrgreen:

Al, I keep looking at that salad. I don't see poison ivy there, but want to be sure.

You have a good eye Gore... There is no poison ivy in the salad. :tsk:

However, if you look closely you will notice finely chopped
poison-ivy.jpg

sprinkled on the salmon and the sauce. :hungry:

You have a good eye Gore... There is no poison ivy in the salad. :tsk:

However, if you look closely you will notice finely chopped
poison-ivy.jpg

sprinkled on the salmon and the sauce. :hungry:

Hold on just one second Al, you said that was dill in your write-up. I thought you used that to try to secure a zero. Now you're telling me it is poison ivy for the win? Sounds pretty opportunistic to me. :tsk:

Hold on just one second Al, you said that was dill in your write-up. I thought you used that to try to secure a zero. Now you're telling me it is poison ivy for the win? Sounds pretty opportunistic to me. :tsk:

There is dill "in" the sauce... What I'm telling you is that there is also poison ivy sprinkled on top... :lie: Would you rather it be parsley? :heh:

There is dill "in" the sauce... What I'm telling you is that there is also poison ivy sprinkled on top... :lie: Would you rather it be parsely? :heh:

Mmmmmm, ... parsley :rolleyes:. Thanks for the explanation Al. That makes a lot of sense to me now. I guess you get those bonus points. Sorry if it ruins your zero.

Mmmmmm, ... parsley :rolleyes:. Thanks for the explanation Al. That makes a lot of sense to me now. I guess you get those bonus points. Sorry if it ruins your zero.

Oh great...:tsk: I just checked and it did ruin my zero. :doh: Thanks a ton. I might just have to hold a séance for you know who to avenge this injustice. :caked:

Back