Not Your Usual Toppings

Mike Twangzer

is One Chatty Farker
What might be an unusual topping or condiment for a burger ? And / Or what is your go to ? I have been known to toss on a slice of fresh pineapple along with bacon, mustard, mayo, onion and once in a while pickles. I also like creamy horseradish sauce ..... but .... I love me some peanut butter and jelly .... smooth or crunchy with grape jelly. I've seen some mighty fine burgers here.
Thoughts ?

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I like the CWB. My ideal hamburger is the meat is much bigger than the bun it's on. That's the way we always ate them growing up and my preferred prep. The bun is just an edible buffer for you to hold the burger. Keep the bread light. American cheese, bacon, dill pickles, cold tomato and onion slices, mayo and mustard.

Mushrooms, avocado, sautéed peppers, salsa, chili, all good.

I’ve tried the fried egg thing and don’t love it. Pineapple is fine. Had one with Brie and pears.

I’ll skip the pb&j.

I do a 50/50 burger ( Pork and Beef), with a natural peanut butter and natural jelly on it and a toasted Brioche bun.. So good. Sometimes ill toss on some bacon. Nom Nom Nom.. Don't knock it until you try it..

Good Buns ... might be another topic !!!! Made or bought !!!???

I've made homemade, but hamburgers are frequently last minute impulse cooks for us, so a good store bought bun is what we mostly use. King's Hawaiian buns from the store are good sometimes, plus we have some good bakeries around us for onion rolls and brioches.

If I have some fresh ground beef, I've been known to eat burgers without anything except a good bun.

That's me right there. In fact, that's usually how I take my burgers. Sometimes with a slice of cheese and maybe just a touch of mayo, but that's it. Especially if I have some of my pretzel rolls on hand. :thumb:

I've always been that way with everything....not much of a topping/condiment guy. Unless I have a really dry or otherwise ****ty burger, then I bust out the condiments.

Back to the OP. A big slice of onion on the bottom of the bun, with the patty on top. Or that, with a slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce, and a smear of mayo.

Mushrooms, avocado, sautéed peppers, salsa, chili, all good.

I’ve tried the fried egg thing and don’t love it. Pineapple is fine. Had one with Brie and pears.

I’ll skip the pb&j.

All of the above. I love some guac/avocado. Hatch green chile is a must. I have yet to try the pineapple thing, but that is next on my list. I love a fried egg on my burgers, the yoke has to be runny.

Green Chile Cheeseburgers - simple, yet tasty:

6.5.2015%20Chile%20Roasting_zpsm5vy1qh7.gif

DSC_3533_zps5gw1tylt.jpg

Caramelized onions and roasted Anaheim and poblano chile relish, two slices Muenster cheese, all atop a well crusted and salty seasoned fire roasted burger, on a mayo slathered bottom bun - that's it!

More details here:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212217

Cheese, lettuce, grilled Pineapple or Pickled Beetroot, its all delicious

Oops, forgot the self Saucing runny egg

I've done the peanut butter on burger thing, though it's been a while. That was quite tasty-but I hadn't heard of using jelly, I'll give that a shot.

I always get burgers without the bun these days. Cheese and bacon are a must. I also like mayo with it. Nothing all that radical.

Unusual, would be peanut butter, but I had a goober burger 10 or so years ago and liked it pretty well. Beets are another one although Titch got me interested in trying beets on a sandwich. I like your idea of horse radish.

I have always liked blue cheese, dill pickles, onion, maybe some A-1, and jalapenos

burger

Moose ... Great pictures make my mouth water. All of your burgers always look amazing.

Green Chile Cheeseburgers - simple, yet tasty:

6.5.2015%20Chile%20Roasting_zpsm5vy1qh7.gif

DSC_3533_zps5gw1tylt.jpg

Caramelized onions and roasted Anaheim and poblano chile relish, two slices Muenster cheese, all atop a well crusted and salty seasoned fire roasted burger, on a mayo slathered bottom bun - that's it!

More details here:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212217

Back