July 4th Charcoal Sales??

on the hook

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
See Home Depot at #19.88/40# Kford and Lowes is $16.88....I need to stock up...Kford might not be thje BEST, but I like it...What else is out there?

Meijer has 40# Kingsford for $16.89

Kingsford Twin Pack Original Charcoal 2/20 lb. bags or Match Light Twin Pack Briquets* 2/14 lb. bags
sale$16.89

I'm running way low on my stash - but I don't have the shakes over it just yet. I'm holding out for a sale- but if it does not happen, I buy a bag or two instead of filling up my trunk and back seat.

I’m in good shape. Just finished last of my Western Lump from Walmart(last years purchase). Have about 20 B&B Oak And Mesquite small bags. 4 bags of mesquite infused Kingsford briquettes. That’s my cache. I buy Kingsford Wood infused whenever I find it on sale. I seldom buy KBlue regardless of price.Nothing bad to say about it, just my preference. B&B briquettes are nice.

Those Kingsford prices are pretty close to what Wal-Mart has had it for over the last 6 weeks or so. I believed it's been like $17.98 for twin 20#. It sucks, but I don't foresee any of the great prices hitting this year.

Also FYI, I’m finding better charcoal sales at grocery stores than HD-Lowe’s -Ace-Academy etc. Might be worth a stroll down that aisle when you go food shopping

Over Memorial Day Weekend, Farm and Fleet had a special on Weber briquettes. I think it ended up being $6 a bag.

Those Kingsford prices are pretty close to what Wal-Mart has had it for over the last 6 weeks or so. I believed it's been like $17.98 for twin 20#. It sucks, but I don't foresee any of the great prices hitting this year.

I was wrong went to Wal-Mart today it's twin 18# bags for 17.98.

Picked up 5 doubles at Lowes...Hopefully by Labor Day or????....I did notice last year they were about $13 I believe...

Usually prices are 1/2 this.......horrible....HORRIBLE year for stocking up on charcoal....

Just curious what is the cost of pellets vs charcoal for a 1 to 2 hour cook? I don't have a pellet cooker but wondering is it more expensive than charcoal.

Just curious what is the cost of pellets vs charcoal for a 1 to 2 hour cook? I don't have a pellet cooker but wondering is it more expensive than charcoal.

on average 1 lb. per hr. I pay 60-85 cents per lb.

I'm afraid most or all of those sweet clearance/Brickseek deals on cookers and fuel may be gone for a while. :sad:

I was able to score 5 bags of B&B at a local Ace Hardware for $6.99 a few weeks back. Would have gotten more, but that was all they had.

Then 2 weeks ago, I grabbed 10 bags of Weber from my local True Value(shipped to the store) for $6.99. Got them 4 days after I ordered. Already used 1 on an overnight brisket cook last weekend.

I’m pretty good for a while, but like others have said—i think the KBB twn pack for $8.99/$9.99 may be gone for a while, if not for good. I used to load up during that sale and I haven’t seen them that low for over a year in my area. :sad:

Back