My Tiny Yakitori Grill

I fabricated 1/2 dozen Konro grill about 7 years ago. I made mine with adjustable grate to get it above the fire a little more. Plus, it is big enough to section off one side for a cool zone.

I still pull it out 3-4 times a year for skewers. Thing gets hot, no insulation like the real thing has.

XkhyhS.jpg

Lfptdr.jpg

I fabricated 1/2 dozen Konro grill about 7 years ago. I made mine with adjustable grate to get it above the fire a little more. Plus, it is big enough to section off one side for a cool zone.

I still pull it out 3-4 times a year for skewers. Thing gets hot, no insulation like the real thing has.

XkhyhS.jpg

Lfptdr.jpg

That is pretty a pretty nifty cooker. Nice job! I tried to get my dad to make me a similar design that I designed (he welds and I just burn the metal) but he could never free up the time.

Those are cool. I had one and eventually gave it to friend when she was going to host a small party. They work well.

That's the one I got from Lowes.com a while back. Lots of fun! Relatively cheap too.

That's the one I got from Lowes.com a while back. Lots of fun! Relatively cheap too.

Yup! I bought it off Amazon $30 shipped.

Great for small gatherings and everyone grilled their own and ate off the grill with some chopsticks. A few cold ones and makes a great time .

N3LXtkGh.jpg

6YglcwVh.jpg

Geez that looks tasty! My Grandmother used to cook on a round one of those. He's the one that got me hooked on BBQ. Thanks for the reminder.

OK, for 14 bucks, I had to try one of these too. Picked up the last one in metro STL. I love the idea of grilling the meat as part of the meal experience - kinda like fondue, but I'm not ruining good meat by boiling it.

Mine has a small crack near one of the air intake holes, but it's partially glazed over, so no idea if its cosmetic or structural. For the price though, my standards can't really be too high.

Alright, thanks again @RemoGaggi for highlighting this deal - the woman and I broke it tonight with some chicken, prime sirloin & veggies. This is a fun little addition to the rotation. It's tiny, but that just means you get to slow things down a bit. And sharing such a small grill surface is a really great relationship test.

IMG_1024.jpg
IMG_1025b.jpg

My way of rationalizing buying a new cooker is that once the cost of food that I've prepared on a cooker exceeds the cost of the cooker, then I've justified its purchase. I basically hit this milestone in a single run.

Great looking meal! The bottom of the little grill can run hot onto the wood base it comes with, so you might want to add another layer to protect your table, just in case.

Very cool little rigs! I have a Weber GA that can get quite hot too. It's larger but what a great idea for kabobs!

Back