Winter Chicken Tagine & Hot Jack Cornbread

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The Tagine started with smoke roasting carrots, onions and turnips with salt and pepper. Lemon juice, lemon peel, parsley, cumin, garlic, paprika, cyanne, ginger and dill were added to the roasted veggies along with two chicken leg quarters. Everything is covered and cooking at about 400 degrees. I call it Winter Chicken Tagine because of root veggies in the dish.

The Hot Jack Cornbread is simply two boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix with two small jalapenos and two tablespoons Jack Daniels in replace of an equal part milk. Smells awesome. Can't wait for the Tagine to be done.

Attachments

• bbq 003 [640x480].JPG
    bbq 003 [640x480].JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 111
  • bbq 004 [640x480].JPG
    bbq 004 [640x480].JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 142
  • bbq 015 [640x480].JPG
    bbq 015 [640x480].JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 110
Looking dang good Plowboy. Can you enlighten a non egg owner.......is that tagine like an eggcessory for the egg?

I see...........what is that part that's holding everything up? Is that a part of the egg?

Dang that all looks good. You are an eggstrordinary cook!

And how was that Tag-in-nay? Another of those French dishes? Cornbread can not go wrong...esp covered with butter!!!!

Covered with butter? I like the part about substituting J.D. for the milk!

The money shot.

Attachments

• tagine bbq chicken 012 [640x480].JPG
    tagine bbq chicken 012 [640x480].JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 95
I see...........what is that part that's holding everything up? Is that a part of the egg?

Its called a Plate Setter. Its a ceramic Eggcessory for indirect cooking.

That looks nice Todd! I used to use my Rommertopf Claypot in the oven all the time and the chicken and veggies turned out moist like your money shot. I had asked the BGE forum about using claypots and was surprised at the response, folks posted some nice looking Moroccan Tangine pots with incredible pron. Keep it comin'!

That looks nice Todd! I used to use my Rommertopf Claypot in the oven all the time and the chicken and veggies turned out moist like your money shot. I had asked the BGE forum about using claypots and was surprised at the response, folks posted some nice looking Moroccan Tangine pots with incredible pron. Keep it comin'!

I'd love a real Tagine pot. My stoneware will do.

Hot Jack Cornbread - OMG, Becky!!!! The Jack Daniels corn mash pulled through and was amazing. More jalapeno would have been better.

The tagine was unreal. Probably one of my top 5 all time creations for sure. It was perfectly spiced for my taste.

Hot Jack Cornbread - OMG, Becky!!!! The Jack Daniels corn mash pulled through and was amazing. More jalapeno would have been better.

The tagine was unreal. Probably one of my top 5 all time creations for sure. It was perfectly spiced for my taste.
I'm going to have to try that one... Usually add some chopped & fried Bacon Ends, chopped Jalapeno, and cream corn... Thinking that just that couple of Tbs of Jack would put it over the top!!!!

Great Looking Grub, Bud!!!

Very Nice.
I think we need a Corn Bread Thread.
Recipies and all things Corn Bread

Back