Hello from Chesapeake, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelsonC

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After lurking here for quite awhile, I guess its time to finally introduce myself. My name is Nelson and I’m currently living in Chesapeake, VA. By day, I’m a web developer, but my passion has always been cooking and BBQ. I’m 26 now, but bought my first smoker (a brinkman bullet) when I was 14, and have been making BBQ in the backyard ever since. About 2 years ago I learned about competitive bbq and have been fascinated with it enough that I got my CBJ in Bel Air MD in 2007. I decided the best way to get started was to judge a few events and I was honored to judge the Chesapeake Jubilee in Chesapeake, VA and the Que ‘n Cruz in Louisa this year.

I’ve been reading and practicing as much as possible, and decided to submit an application for my first content, this October in Rocky Mount N.C. I’m not 100% sure I know what I’m doing, but I know I’ll have a lot of fun. I hope to meet some of you there!

I’ve owned a variety of pits and currently have a WSM, a GOSM Charcoal Model, a GOSM gasser and a 22” weber kettle. I have a Stumps 222P being built right now, that should be here in 2 weeks. I’m planning on using the stumps and the WSM for the upcoming contest.

Welcome Brother Smoker...I spent some time in your neck of the woods...great place!...gotta love "Dismal Swamp" for deer hunting! :biggrin:

Good to meet you Nelson.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back