New (to me) Dessert Idea

Smokin Gator

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am not sure if I read about this idea here or if I dreamed it... but...

I was getting some stuff out of the freezer and saw a partial bag of red raspberries. I put them in a little water on top of the stove and heated on low until they were thawed and warm. Then I added some turbinado sugar and corn starch and continued heating until it had thickened.

Then I wrapped some tortillas in a wet paper towel and put them in the microwave to make them more pliable. When they were ready I put a long thin piece of cream cheese on the tortilla and added a couple of spoonfuls of the berry mixture. Then I rolled/tucked/rolled the tortilla like a burrito with both ends closed.

I cooked them in the medium BGE on the raised plate setter at 350 dome temp for about 15 minutes. They were awesome!!!! The cream cheese was warm and melty, but not to where it was mixing too much with the berries.

And before you start... yeah, yeah, yeah on the pictures... If you want to see one of these you will have to make them!!

Last edited:
I am not sure if I read about this idea here or if I dreamed it... but...

I was getting some stuff out of the freezer and saw a partial bag of red raspberries. I put them in a little water on top of the stove and heated on low until they were thawed and warm. Then I added some turbinado sugar and corn starch and continued heating until it had thickened.

Then I wrapped some tortillas in a wet paper towel and put them in the microwave to make them more pliable. When they were ready I put a long thin piece of cream cheese on the tortilla and added a couple of spoonfuls of the berry mixture. Then I rolled/tucked/rolled the tortilla like a burrito with both ends closed.

I cooked them in the medium BGE on the raised plate setter at 350 dome temp for about 15 minutes. They were awesome!!!! The cream cheese was warm and melty, but not to were it was mixing too much with the berries.

And before you start... yeah, yeah, yeah on the pictures... If you want to see one of these you will have to make them!!

Hmmm..yep, you were dreaming all of it as there were no pics

So like a pan-less crêpe?

One of my favorite all time fruit dips is a 1:1 mixture of cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Super simple and fantastic.

I wonder if using that mixture would make it sweet enough to not have to cook and/or sweeten the raspberries? --- don't want to dirty a pan if I don't have to....

So like a pan-less crêpe?

One of my favorite all time fruit dips is a 1:1 mixture of cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Super simple and fantastic.

I wonder if using that mixture would make it sweet enough to not have to cook and/or sweeten the raspberries? --- don't want to dirty a pan if I don't have to....

Don't encourage him......this never happened! :cool:

Back