Rueben Meatloaf

motley que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I will be making this at the Smoke N Fire comp in October in St. Louis, if by anychance anyone on this board is going to be in it Please dont steal my thunder on this one.... the cookoff is basically a backyard/amateur event that I will be asking lots of questions on shortly, there are a max of 60 teams in the contest...yikes.

Got the recipe from campfire cafe. Its a show about outdoor/dutch oven cooking Filmed here in MO, and broadcast around the midwest on smaller channels.

basically the loaf was

2lbs meat
1/2 c pickle relish
1/4 c Russian dressing
2 beaten eggs
1/2c chopped onion
breadcrumbs

layed it out on wax paper about 1/4" thick

then covered with pastrami, then saurkraut then swiss cheese. that order to keep the kraut in place, then jelly roll it and seal the ends.

mix 1 can tomato paste with 1/2 can water and spread over the top

cook for 1 hour at 350.

next time pics will be taken but yes it was good.

http://www.campfirecafe.com/

--- sounds very interesting. Is a good one for breaking in the new Brinkmann grill. I will avoid any posts and appreciate the sharing.

Regards,

Sounds interesting! I'll have to try it one day. Do you any particular meat for the loaf? My normal meat loaf is a combo of pork sausage, ground beef and ground turkey.

i used ground meat for the loaf, and went with pastrami instead of corned beef as a choice. you can do what you want, the pastami just looked better.

Back