SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

Sorry, I thought for sure we were going down. I heard a rumor that any one of us would go down for a good chicken wing.

I personally require a a few tequila shots and a Brazilian "preparation" before I go down. But, I guess some would settle for a few wings. I guess they can floss after eating the wings.

CD

Well it does look like the bandit has come to the rescue... too damn late in my opinion. The rest of the noobs are scattered to the 4 winds an there is nothin left to salvage from their ships other than some old Paula Dean rerun show video and a crockpot.

Capt'n Moose, I request we offer the Bandit sanctuary in the SS Farkanaut, so that he is not blown to bits by the next incoming salvo!

Cheers!

Bill

Well it does look like the bandit has come to the rescue... too damn late in my opinion. The rest of the noobs are scattered to the 4 winds an there is nothin left to salvage from their ships other than some old Paula Dean rerun show video and a crockpot.

Capt'n Moose, I request we offer the Bandit sanctuary in the SS Farkanaut, so that he is not blown to bits by the next incoming salvo!

Cheers!

Bill

Thank you for the offer... my smoker (The Glamazon) does double duty as an ejection pod under extreme situations. :becky::becky::becky:

5-Tin SPAM Brownies!

One more for team Farkanaut!

This recipe has FIVE loaves of SPAM in it. It is designed for those true SPAM connoisseurs who believe that there is no such thing as too much SPAM.

The primary goal in the development of this recipe was to make them as SPAMmy as possible. The more SPAM, the better. This is along the same line of thinking as those who try to make brownies as chocolatey as possible by adding more and more chocolate at every conceivable step. This recipe adds SPAM everywhere I could think to add it, and eliminated any and all unnecessary ingredients that could take away from the SPAM experience, providing the SPAMmiest brownies I could possibly make!

Can you feel the love? I did this for YOU! Now kick back, relax, and enjoy the ultimate SPAM brownie experience.

To start, for the brownie batter itself, my intention is to replace the oil/butter in a normal brownie recipe with SPAM. I do this by using substituting a 12oz loaf of SPAM for a 1/2 cup of oil or stick of butter.

So I start with some SPAM, Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla in a bowl. I ran the SPAM through my grinder, but you could also run it through a food processor instead of using a grinder. This is a double batch, so I used two cans of SPAM.

IMG_1663.jpg

I mixed these "liquid" ingredients together, and then added Flour and Baking Powder. I did not add any salt, assuming that the SPAM had plenty.

IMG_1665.jpg

You'll notice I did not add Cocoa Powder. That is because I believe the cocoa will take away from the SPAM flavor. Anyone who thinks brownies must be chocolate can rest assured, this recipe is still chocolate, but is SPAM Chocolate instead. This will become more apparent shortly.

I mixed the liquid and dry ingredients together.

IMG_1667.jpg

This is the point where chocoholics might add chocolate chips or chunks to a normal brownie recipe, so it is important that we bring even more SPAM to the recipe at this point. Since I could not find any SPAM chips or chunks in the baking aisle at my grocery store, I had to make my own.

Recall that brownies must be made with chocolate, otherwise those pesky food ninnies out there will lose their minds and insist on calling them "blondies". Also recall how other flavored baking chips are made, and that we wish to make SPAM flavored baking chips. The answer, clearly, is to take some melted white chocolate...

IMG_1658.jpg

...add in a can of ground SPAM...

IMG_1659.jpg

...stir it up...

IMG_1661.jpg

...then spread out to cool and break into chunks. VOILA! SPAM Chocolate Chunks!

IMG_1669.jpg

Now mix the SPAM Chocolate Chunks into the SPAM batter, and you have 100% certifiable SPAM Brownie batter.

IMG_1670.jpg

Since it has chocolate (SPAM Chocolate made from real white chocolate) it is definitely NOT a blondie, but a brownie! However, if you would like to make SPAM Blondie, then simply omit the SPAM Chocolate.

Now pour the batter into a greased and floured pan...

IMG_1671.jpg

...and cook at 350 degrees. Most people bake their brownies, but I prefer to BBQ them, just like my corn and fried chicken. So I bbq'ed this in my Weber bullet smoker with some Pecan chunks to bring a nice smoky flavor.

Pull them out when a toothpick inserted in the middle pulls out clean, the put on a rack to cool.

IMG_1675.jpg

Now, you could eat these as they are, but I am going to take them to the next SPAM level by whipping up some SPAM Frosting!

Let's start with a can of freshly ground SPAM. You could also grind it up in a food processor if you like.

IMG_1672.jpg

Now add Powdered Sugar...

IMG_1673.jpg

...mix and keep adding a little more Powdered Sugar and mixing until you reach the desired sweetness and consistency. I used about 2 more loads of sugar similar to the pic to get it there.

IMG_1674.jpg

Once the SPAM Brownies have completely cooled, spread on the frosting.

IMG_1676.jpg

This looks delicious and all, but I still can't help thinking it could be even more SPAMmy. So I guess it's a good thing I chopped up some SPAM into small strips the day before...

IMG_1657.jpg

...and put them in my dehydrator to make SPAM Sprinkles!

IMG_1662.jpg

There! These SPAM Frosted SPAM Chocolate Chunk Filled SPAM Brownies with SPAM Sprinkles are ready to eat!

IMG_1677.jpg

Now I just need a glass of ice cold SPAM Milk.

IMG_1679.jpg

One more for the Veterans.

I cooked Admiral Bigabyte a light breakfast after his spam assault on the Noobians. We are going to eat all we can and launch the rest at the Noobians on a mop up operation.

Shredded fatty, grated cheese rolled in crescent roll dough and sliced into biscuits.

Biscuit4.jpg

Cooked on the miniWSM at 350.

biscuit6.jpg

Served with cream gravy.

Biscuit11.jpg

Shameless child photo for good measure.

Biscuit12.jpg

Take that Noobians. You're done.

More photos here if you are interested - cook thread

IMG_1679.jpg

I'd fire down a couple of these brownies about half an hour after I fired down a couple of another kind of brownies! :heh:

Holy cow, this is an epic battle! I've been busy and haven't had much chance to join in lately, but I thought I'd lob out a little salvo before this thing ended....

I had a rack of lamb ribs in my freezer from the last one I slaughtered, and after SirPorkaLot's amazing lamb breast thread I had to try out a rendition of his mint/fennel marinade.

Here's the rack....

P1020752.jpg

I didn't have mint jelly, but mint and fennel seed from my garden mixed with red wine vinegar, OO, and bit of sugar to make up for the lack of jelly....

P1020753.jpg

P1020755.jpg

Earlier that day I had headed up into the hills with a buddy on our bikes...
_1220451.jpg

...and along the trail on the way up the mountain found some Chantrelles ...
P1020750.jpg

So, I got the Chants into a little CI with some butter and onion, and put it in the crazy contraption with the lamb ribs, about 250 for somewhere around 4 hours. Smoked with apple and a bit of hickory, I ended up with this...

P1020765.jpg

...and this...

P1020772.jpg

The ribs were a bit dry since they were so thin, as my lambs are a smaller breed, but they sure were good! Thanks SirPorkaLot! Great marinade.

P1020775.jpg

Killer attack there brother Matt.

We only just dodged that one in time!:mrgreen:

Cheers!

Bill

Noobian Privateer seadad back in action

OFFICIAL ENTRY

the ship has been refitted and sea trials complete!

the crew has been spoiling for action, and i believe the SS Farkanaut has been spied with a gaping spam brownie hole. so, i'll add to the destruction :boxing:

how about a skirt steak and loaded mashed tater broadside for ya??

the ingredients....

main.php

the skirt steak was marinated in EVOO, ground rosemary, marjoram & salt. the taters were pre cooked in the microwave to facilitate some of the crew making it into bed on time.

main.php

taters went on the grill for 25-ish minutes

main.php

and then the steak was tossed on for a few minutes on each side. sorry for the crappy lighting, apparently the quartermaster failed to maintain a proper track of the daylight. he will be flogged.

main.php

after resting for a few..........

main.php

plated with a fresh salad and applesauce (special request of the youngest crew woman)

ENTRY PIC PLEASE, Spam Master Biggie

main.php

and the obligatory fork shot

FORK IT!!

main.php

that is all

:bow:

Seadadd

Now that the way to load up the weaponry and let'r fire. Great Entry. :thumb:

Back