Rib-o-lator drum ribs.

Rib-O-Lator

Full Fledged Farker
i drug out the 55 gal uds today and thought i would cook some ribs. by the way my uds is a GASSER. before you judge me take a look at it.

i cut the bottom out of a 55gal and moved it up to the first rib of the drum and re-welded. in the 12" space below i attached a 55,000btu turkey burner,it only heats up the underside of the bottom.

i then use the regular size rib-o-lator that fits down inside the drum. if i remember right i drilled the spit rod holes about 7" down from the top and then added a universal motor bracket to the other side. i then use a flat lid to cover it.

DSCN0368.jpg

DSCN0369.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0371.jpg

this is steam from my drip system
DSCN0376.jpg

this is more steam with just a few drops of water. you can see my drip system on the side.
DSCN0377.jpg

i used a 2lb bag of pecan chips
DSCN0382.jpg

started smokein in about 3 min
DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

one rack spare ribs pre seasond
DSCN0390.jpg

good smoke and lots of it
DSCN0389.jpg

two hrs in i basted them with sauce. i cooked the rib at 300-350- for about 3 hrs. i was experimenting to see what would happen at that temp. the last hour i turnewd it down to 250.
DSCN0391.jpg

you can see how the sauce has caramelized. once i carmalize the sauce i never add more,i just eat them the way they are.
DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

i tried to squeeze a rib so you could see how much juice was in them.
i have to saw, these are one of the best i have done to date. they where off the bone tender and lots of juice. i think the water injection and the higher heat worked great.

they tasted unbelievably good. the smoke wasn't overpowering nor was the seasoning. everything was just right for a rib party in my mouth. that rack was gone in 10min. i ate them all myself. i love my rib-o-lator, it never fails me.

DSCN0405.jpg

Pretty interesting rig ya got there Bob...does the drip-o-lator keep a continuous drip on the chips? Did you soak the chips first? I like the idea of being able to add steam during the cook. Ribs look great! :p

Nice B-O-B! Put some ribs on that sauce!

Seriously-
I love those Grill-More Rubs and Sauces, which ones did you use?

Nice Bob! Good to see your GUDS, I may give one a try for when its farkin well below freezing out...like today.

On another note, I tried your "original" rub on drum sticks last week and it's some pretty good stuff. Very nice flavor.

Seriously-
I love those Grill-More Rubs and Sauces, which ones did you use? __________________
Brian
Midnight Ramblers BBQ - Left Hand Smoke "Fire it Up"
KCBS/PNWBA CBJ
NorthwestBBQ Competition BBQ team
BBQ Cooking & Competion pics

i used the original sweet rub and the signature dry dub together. and the topped it of with the original sauce. i was eaten them like it was my last supper.

and i only did one rack because that's all i had, and i was the only one eaten.

Back