Weedburner - WOW!

L

ljh34465

Got a weedburner from Harbor Freight for lighting my BGE.

Wanted to roast/blacken some poblanos and gave it a try.

Still on my enclosed patio so did not use the Turbo lever, just turned it up to maybe medium. Laid the poblanos on the grill on my gasser and I think it took about 45 seconds to do three medium poblanos.
Where was this when I roasted 25# of Hatch and it took hours and hours:confused:

Absolutely fantastic - highly recommended for anybody that roasts poblanos or Hatch.

try getting a good fire going in the egg and roasting the peppers in the egg. where's the pix?:biggrin:

Next time for pics, Rick.:-D Or does it "not happen" with anything w/o pics??

Since I was giving the egg a well deserved break (first day off in 6 days), I was not doing Q tonight but chicken poblano tacos.

this is what happens when the small bottle of propane falls over and liquid gets in the hose...

mamadisalvopizza-006.jpg

the grip on my lens is starting to crack. i wonder why :biggrin:

well, obviously there is more than one camera in this house:-D

weedburner.jpg

On sale

Harbor Freight has them on sale for $12.99 this weekend. They also have a sale on brass ball valves it that may intrest any of the UDS clan.

i use the small, disposable camping bottles that run the lantern and coleman stove. a "steak saver" adapter from u-haul (cheapest i've seen them) is required to hook up to the weed burner. it's easy to run down your prey with a smaller tank! 8)

onebone-002.jpg

6mar07-002.jpg

Thanks, Randy - will have to check that out - fantastic price.

Burn baby Burn!!!!! I have had a good fire going since 6 am this morning. The pork shoulder I am cooking still is not done. It has just stayed at 175 for like over an hour, close to two. I may have to come get your burner and just "Make it Finish"!!!

Scott

Rick - in my search for a steak saver adapter locally, I saw they have an adapter to fill the small bottles from the 20# - do you bother with that?
Thanks.

Rick - in my search for a steak saver adapter locally, I saw they have an adapter to fill the small bottles from the 20# - do you bother with that?
Thanks.

nope. then the large tank would be empty. the small bottles will give you 6-10 fire starts depending on your trigger finger.

Back