Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

Unless it is raining on friday again this year, that is when Beach Bum Barbecue will arrive.

BTW I never got a cooks packet just the grilling rules.

Blazin' Nuttz will be "moving in" Friday afternoon to drop the camper. Then off to the Smokers Lounge for a cold beer.

Blazin' Nuttz will be "moving in" Friday afternoon to drop the camper. Then off to the Smokers Lounge for a cold beer.

Hell's Yeah! Frank knows where to go for cold ones...Looking forward to seeing you dude; you did a great job of pumping Mike up for this weekend the other day.

PS - You know you might as well just change your team name to Blazin' Nuttz now.

unless it is pouring the tutle pit is coming in friday early evening. let us know if there is anything we can do to help
nancee

Chubby Hubby BBQ will be there Friday making their first appearance. The earliest we can setup is 5PM correct?

Countdown Sayville

I'll be packing the bag tonight.........No CHECKED Brisket this time...
Last time Homeland Questioned The 18lb Packer as Possible Contraband?????
They left me a nice note in the bag after toughly poking holes all in the cryovac saying "This time we will let it thru but next time don't count on it..." I can see it now homeland smoking brisket on the tar matte at JFK.

OK Neck give us the latest Sledcast

Shorts or Jeans?
Sleeveless or Long Sleeve?
Socks or Flops?
Beanie or shriveled weenie?

I'll be packing the bag tonight.........No CHECKED Brisket this time...
Last time Homeland Questioned The 18lb Packer as Possible Contraband?????
They left me a nice note in the bag after toughly poking holes all in the cryovac saying "This time we will let it thru but next time don't count on it..." I can see it now homeland smoking brisket on the tar matte at JFK.

OK Neck give us the latest Sledcast

Shorts or Jeans?
Sleeveless or Long Sleeve?
Socks or Flops?
Beanie or shriveled weenie?
Sledcast

For us Yankees it is still shorts weather but for a cracker you better bring a snowsuit:rolleyes::tongue:

Saturday, Oct 25

04.gif

High: 62 °F RealFeel®: 56 °F
Breezy with times of sun and clouds

Saturday Night, Oct 25
38.gif

Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 44 °F
Mostly cloudy with a little rain late

Sunday, Oct 26
06.gif

High: 62 °F RealFeel®: 55 °F
Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain

Sunday Night, Oct 26
40.gif

Low: 49 °F RealFeel®: 39 °F
Evening rain; clouds breaking, windy

We will be able to assist people starting at 4:00 pm.

Eric

So how do we know what assigned spot is ours?
We won't have to wait until 4 will we?

PS. I'm going to kick your butt this week in FF!:twisted:

Does anyone know if the nearby Restaurant Depot will have Bone-in Butts? The Queens location only had boneless on the last few trips.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the nearby Restaurant Depot will have Bone-in Butts? The Queens location only had boneless on the last few trips.

Don't count on it. They don't put out many and they go quickly. I was there last Saturday morning and it was boneless only.

Don't count on it. They don't put out many and they go quickly. I was there last Saturday morning and it was boneless only.

I'll 2nd that. I was there on friday and it was boneless only as well. I've only found bone-in there once.

Back