BBQ Brethren "Something Fowl This Way Comes" Throwdown!

Ok Gents. Be easy on me. I am the new guy. I would like to throwdown.

Below is a recipe of my own. Well sorta. It's just a whole chicken. With my "custom" rub. Olive Oil, Lawry's, and Brown Sugar. Because of the Golden Tan she gets by end, I call this recipie... Snookie Chicken.

I had a couple of Hickory Chunks in the pit and smoked her for 4.5 hours in the Kamado at 250 degrees. I used a cork to keep my probe off the grate for a more accurate temperature. (I learned that here)

Took it out when I got a reading of 165 internal temperature.

Here she is before the tanning booth:

tumblr_m9mrxcTlbt1rct7y3o1_1280.jpg

Here she is on the grill. Bronzer freshly applied.

tumblr_m9mrxcTlbt1rct7y3o2_1280.jpg

And Finally... on the dinner table, I guess this should be the submission picture.

tumblr_m9mrxcTlbt1rct7y3o3_1280.jpg

Also FYI, the Akorn is pretty efficient.

Here is much wood was in the pit at the start:

tumblr_m9mwagCPGr1rct7y3o1_1280.png

and here is how much after a total of 7 hours or so.. (I let the smoker sit for a while before I put the chicken in)

tumblr_m9mwagCPGr1rct7y3o2_1280.jpg

So that's all I got fellas. I made a couple of mistakes along the way, but family loved the chicken.

WTF is a curry? Is it for folks without teeth? Is it baby food? Sound's like a soup.

There is tons of it served in my neighborhood. Lots of my friends love it. I think it's the only food I can't eat. Yea, I can eat it in that situation where it's the polite thing to do but I will never acquire a taste for it.

There is tons of it served in my neighborhood. Lots of my friends love it. I think it's the only food I can't eat. Yea, I can eat it in that situation where it's the polite thing to do but I will never acquire a taste for it.
You are the very first person Ive ever heard of that doesn't like curry!

I know, it looks awesome. Theres just something about it that does not sit right with me. Right where I live there are a couple restaurants in walking distance from my house that people rave about. I have tried them both more then once. One has been rated best in the area many times.

I know, it looks awesome. Theres just something about it that does not sit right with me. Right where I live there are a couple restaurants in walking distance from my house that people rave about. I have tried them both more then once. One has been rated best in the area many times.

I actually hurt for you, that is terrible!
Poor guy...

Second. Lots of heat, very one-dimensional flavor. We've had this discussion before, and I think it was decided by the Aussies that I don't have a sophisticated palate, which I responded to with a firm but friendly "Bite Me."

I have never eaten a curry dish that I wanted to eat a second time. Sorry.

CD

Second. Lots of heat, very one-dimensional flavor. We've had this discussion before, and I think it was decided by the Aussies that I don't have a sophisticated palate, which I responded to with a firm but friendly "Bite Me."

CD

One-dimensional flavor? Either your tastebuds are farked or you've only had crappy curry. Curry should be anything but one-dimensional. Lots of heat? :confused: There are so many different kinds of curry, and they range all over the place on the heat scale. Well Bucc, I guess that tells you curries aren't too common over here.

CD

Wow CD...I'd be interested in tasting what you had. Were these Indian restaurants? A poorly done curry, like anything, can turn people off.

The better curries I've had were some of the most complex, rich, multidimensional taste experiences I've ever had.

One-dimensional flavor? Either your tastebuds are farked or you've only had crappy curry. Curry should be anything but one-dimensional. Lots of heat? :confused: There are so many different kinds of curry, and they range all over the place on the heat scale. Well Bucc, I guess that tells you curries aren't too common over here.

I'll go back to my statement that I have never eaten a curry that I wanted to eat a second time. It is entirely possible that you just can't get a good curry where I live. I've had people tell me, "You've got to have the curry at -----," only to be disappointed.

I did eat a Moroccan curry in Morocco once, that was very good. The heat didn't smack me in the mouth, but snuck up on me. The same curry in Texas would probably set my mouth on fire. An Indian curry in India may be a totally different dish, altogether.

CD

Back