Boston BBQ expanding again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelkster

Full Fledged Farker
Hello everyone! I'm Keith, and as my forum title says, I am wandering aroud with a match someplace. :becky: I got interested in competition Q a couple of years ago when my neighbor Mike, aka "The Giggler", catered a family reunion for us. After a lot of talk and hemming and hawing, I got my first practice smoker at the start of last summer. After using the little guy I ugraded to a used Smokey Mountain Series that I grabed off of Craigslist. I've used it a few times, and the food just kept getting better. I knew that I wanted to get something great as fas as a cooker goes, and after cooking with Mike at a wild game dinner in the middle of January, I fell in love with the "Fat Boy" so I ordered one up (again thanks to Mike for the help :clap2:). I should be taking delivery sometime in early to mid April.

I've helped out at the Boston Hills BBQ Fest and I've had a chance to meet a lot of you. I'm looking forward to getting to know you more, and having fun in competing against you.

My partner Gerry and I are finalizing things, including a team name :icon_blush: but we are both very excited to start cutting our teeth, or our fingers if we aren't careful :cop: I'll post here when we finally decide on what we are going to call ourselves.

Thanks for stopping by and we'll talk to you soon!

Welcome, Keith. You're in a good place. There's a wealth of information here. Congrats on your Fat Boy. I told you Kevin (Smokinit) is a great guy to work with. He took very good care of me, and I'm sure you're experience will be the same.

One note: Keith is an accomplished cake decorator. He's the one that did the Jack Daniels Cake for Eric's (Pigmaker23) Birthday at Oink a couple years back. I trust he will apply his same craftsmanship to bbq.

Welcome to the club Keith. Be sure to stop by our site at the Boston Hills comp, we'll have a cold one waiting for ya!!

Welcome from SoCal - you've come to a great place - glad to have you here!

Welcome from Indiana!!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Ya gotta watch out for that there "Giggler" guy - he's already corrupting you (in a good way) :p.

Welcome to the Brotherhood, pull up a chair and grab a beer, sit a bit and join in the discussions damn glad to meet ya
RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back