Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

MilitantSquatter

I was in Michigan last week for a business trip. One of those nights, a vendor took us out to eat at Flemming's Prime Steakhouse in Livonia, MI. I had never heard of Flemming's before as they are not in NY, but apparently they have numerous locations nationwide.

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locator.asp

I started of with a jumbo shrimp cocktail and fresh mozzarella w/ tomato & basil. For the main course I had a 22 oz. Prime Bone In Ribeye cooked medium rare. Side dishes we had were sauteed spinach, sauteed portabello mushrooms, chipotle cheddar mac & cheese and potatoes. Dessert was a huge sampler platter for the table, but I really liked the Key Lime Pie and the peach cobbler where the peaches were marinated in Schnapps & cinnamon.

Certainly not the best steakhouse I've been to but meal was above average for a high end steakhouse, service was excellent, and best of all I did not pay a dime for the meal.

I would recommend this place.

"Certainly not the best steakhouse I've been to but meal was above average for a high end steakhouse, service was excellent, and best of all I did not pay a dime for the meal."

As a friend of mine often says - everything tastes just a little better when it's free.... Thanks for the review - never heard of them either.

There's one a couple of miles from me. I usually pass it to go to Macaroni grill, Cozymel's (mexican joint) or McCormick and Schmick. Steak isn't important enough to me to pay those kinds of prices.

We have one here in Des Moines. I have not been there, because I can get just as good stake from the grocery stores here and pay a quarter of the price. I have not found too many places that can cook a rare stake correctly, so I don't generally order stake when I go out.

There is a Flemings near me. I went one time and enjoyed it very much. It was not the best ribeye steak I have ever had, but it's not priced that way either ($37). I consider myself a "foodie" and have been to some of the finer restaurants on the west coast. I have paid over a $100 for a steak before and that didn't seem to be the best steak either.

Sure, you can go to the local butcher and get yourself a decent steak and most of us believe we make better steaks. Fleming's is has pretty good flavor and I believe worth the cost. It's sometimes nice to get out and have someone serve you for a change. My .02.

Back