Happy Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Weekend?...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday Night Steaks tonight..."French Bistro" Fillets...:p

Swamprb and I have a competition in Langley, BC on Saturday and Sunday...Cuban Cigar time! :biggrin:

Have a great weekend folks! :-D

Tonight fajitas with all the fixins and Sunday a practice brisket for the upcoming party I have to do :icon_smil

Going to do 120lbs pulled pork on the drum for 300 people. Church is having a community party!

Jeff

last Chance

Since this is my last chance to do ANYTHING befor my comp next weekend we are running the full gammit this weekend. Chix Thighs, Brisket, Pulled Pork, ANd Ribs! prob a fattie or two on sunday and some ABT's!

Tonight at 00.00 I'm gonna throw on a piece of pork for my first Pulled Pork.
Tomorrow my first "BIG" cook,100 MOINKS! for my Moms church.

Started a 14lb brisket on the uds about 10:00 last night. Just foiled it with some spiced up broth at 160 deg. Last briskey was a disaster so I did this one fat cap down and I'm a believer so far. Aint sure about the broth and foil mod yet.

I'm joining Phubar with Pulled Pork, we do a virtual Pulled Pork Cook on the Dutch BBQ forum with about 10 people attending.

I'm using pork neck since we don't have pork shoulder readily available. This is the part where the first chops start, you buy it boneless

vpp01.jpg

vpp03.jpg

Rubbed with Southern Succor Pork Rub from Smoke & Spice.

I will also make MOINK Balls and Keri C's Hog Apple Beans from scratch (No Bush's Beans here....:roll:)

A butt load of pulled porky for a parish picnic! Moinks for the worker bees tonight. Dump Cakes for the cake walk and a surprise visit of the other Celtic Nation Pitmaster and his surprises...........

Brisket for the family.

The question is, do I cook it on the Lang or the Spicewine or the Egg?

Thanks for the recipe Ashmont! Another thing for the to-do list :razz: Do you put them in the barbecue?!?

Big bash was last weekend, and I'm still worn out..So it's fajitas :lol:tonight, birdes and burgers for sat and sun.

firecrackerjack

I'm sad - no cooking for me until next week - will be gone until Sunday night!

Heading to Quincy Ill. for the Smoke on the River BBQ contest on Saturday. Sunday, Golf then I am thinking about trying a chuck roast if I can find a nice one. :biggrin:

Thanks for the recipe Ashmont! Another thing for the to-do list :razz: Do you put them in the barbecue?!?

You can but no smoke just heat. Crust is a sponge and will soak up the smoke. Believe me I know..... :icon_shy

Just picked up part of a group buy of a custom grind of sausage, about 15 pounds. Will freeze most of it, but cook some up off-heat on the Weber, along with some serious burgers.

Well, today's my birthday (Happy Birthday to me!), so I made some killer french onion soup yesterday to heat up for dinner tonight with a nice french baguette. Tomorrow we're having a few friends over, and I'm doing BBQ chicken quarters, armadillo eggs, deviled eggs, garlic roasted potatoes, grilled zucchini/squash, fresh sweet corn, slaw, a carrot cake, and peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate.

Tomorrow, its a bacon weave fatty, and pork shoulder for some tasty pulled pork sandwiches as I sit in front of the TV and Watch the Ohio State v. USC game.. Go Bucks...!!

Doing 2 pulled beef chucks, and some BBQ chicken thighs. And for desert i think I will do a dutch oven cobbler.

Back