Which Temp controller?

Doorbusters

Full Fledged Farker
I have very intensely researched the Guru, the IQUE, the Stoker, the Auburn Instruments, and all others. For the money, which do you recommend??
For the chef on a budget?

I like the iQues as well, from what I have read, I emailed them and they are not sure it will work on my smoker. I have a large offset with a 19"x19"x19" firebox.

The stoker and the guru are great units, but for the price it's got to be the IQ. Purchased 8 for freinds and not one have complained, only praised.

Invicta

I think the stoker is the best bang for the buck, but that's only if you're planning on using it to it's full potential. I love the web interface, the ability to remote control from anywhere via my phone, the ability to control multiple cookers with a single unit, and Stokerlog. If you just want a basic fan/thermostat, go with an IQue, but if you want all the extra bells and wistles, and actually plan on using them, the Stoker can't be beat.

I would go with the Auber. Its pretty much the same price as the ique110 and it has a digital temperature control. Only downfall to the Auber is its ugly as can be.

I bet if they designed the unit too look nice or just made it a simple gray or black color it would sell 10x better compared to the 1980's design its rocking. Makes me think of the technology from the original Tron movie and Apple IIe computers.

Personally, I'm a fan of the BBQ Guru products. But they are not cheap.

i have an auber and it works great. also you can get a nice sized fan that might run a bigger pit. it works wonders for me on the uds and the kamado. there customer service is really good also.

+1 for Auber

I love all the options and features on my stoker. Sometimes I wonder about it's control logic, but it seems to do the task well.

I am happy with my Stoker - not cheap but it has helped with many overnight cooks.

I use it only for butts, for ribs it is overkill since my UDS is so easy to control temp manually.

Customer service for Stoker is ok, they upgrade my Wifi software quickly and have answered a few email questions.
Only problem i have is running out of fuel on long cooks, causing 'sawtooth' temperature variation. This appeared to be caused by the fan blowing strongly on the coals, causing uneven burn. i added a diverter so the fan doesn't blow directly on the coals and that helped alot.

Hey BigDog!! Just living the life man! Been building a new pit, moved to Wichita, etc!!

Just so you all know, here is a pic of the pit I want the control for. Will the iQue work?
Smoker final.jpg

Let me put a shout out for the BBQ Guru PartyQ. Virtually same price as the IQue but with a digital display. I can set a pit temp of 253 if I want to. It also runs off batteries so no need for elec & drop cords.

Back