Deer Ribs

T&S BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Ok, new question? Can you smoke ribs from a deer or are they to lean. Years ago I slow cooked some deer ribs and they turned out great. I've got a chance to get all I want come november from family and friends. Has anybody tried it, and if you did how did they turn out?

In my experience it's no wonder you can get all you want. Personally any more I trim them and put the meat into the burger. They are way to lean and just dont smoke well. But I am open to suggestions form those that may have had different expierences. The only time I found deer ribs not to bad was sombody that crock potted them in a BBQ sauce.

The ribs I get never have enough meat on them. :sad:

In my experience it's no wonder you can get all you want. Personally any more I trim them and put the meat into the burger. They are way to lean and just dont smoke well. But I am open to suggestions form those that may have had different expierences. The only time I found deer ribs not to bad was sombody that crock potted them in a BBQ sauce.

Get all you can and grind with a pork butt for sausage.

not enough meat on them. Clean the meat off the ribs and throw it into your ground deer pile for burgers, snack sticks, etc.

Back